Random thoughts

What makes someone a "racist"? Do you have to say something racist? What if you just think racist things but never act on them or say anything racist?

Also, why do white people take most of the flak for racism? Don't chinks and niggers say/do racist things?

Actually "nigger" is only offensive to black persons when a non-black person uses it. I hear blackfolk call each other nigger all the time and they don't shoot each other for it.
It's all about who has the power and who benefits from the current power structure.

If you're in a race that's being systematically shit on by another race, it's not racist to hate them. It's justifiable anger.

If you belong to the race who benefits from the power structure and you hate the race who suffers in that system, that's racist.

MrX
It's all about who has the power and who benefits from the current power structure.

If you're in a race that's being systematically shit on by another race, it's not racist to hate them. It's justifiable anger.

If you belong to the race who benefits from the power structure and you hate the race who suffers in that system, that's racist.
I get that and appreciate your explanation and it makes perfect sense but it doesn't cover everything as the problem is complex and their are many situations/possibilities.

I don't believe you are a racist, but under the right circumstance you may very well think like one. Same goes for everybody.

IMO (WAL)

PS: And I think I understand what the African Americans are saying as best as a non black person could. I also think that slavery was abhorrent, cruel and unforgivable. I can't imagine how people could think slavery and owning humans was ok.

I get that and appreciate your explanation and it makes perfect sense but it doesn't cover everything as the problem is complex and their are many situations/possibilities.

I don't believe you are a racist, but under the right circumstance you may very well think like one. Same goes for everybody.
Of course. Very few people white people would voluntarily give up every advantage that comes with being white. These advantages come at the expense of non-white people. Seems hard to not call that racism.

Problem is those same well to do whites who pretend they are enlightened are simply using the concept of racism to pat themselves on the back, and bury the simple "unenlightened" poor whites.
Very lame

Speaking of random, I won a little thing at work. They draw names at random for the 12 days of Christmas and I won a random prize. A 2-foot ladder in fact. Whatever.

That's not even the random part I'm getting at. There is a little gift bag that comes with it. Chocolate, some gourmet coffee. AND, in mine, there was a San Antonio Spurs t-shirt.

I have a San Antonio Spurs t-shirt sitting on the desk beside me. Extra large if anyone is keeping score.

That is some powerful randomness right there.

Would anyone like an extra-large San Antonio Spurs t-shirt?

How 'bout a 2-foot ladder?

they used to sell nba team pencils in elementary school for 10c a piece. Man, those were nice pencils. I never could afford one :thinking: but then I remember blowing quarters on defender at safeway

Oh, man, there was a very active market for NFL team pencils in my elementary school. No memory of where the original supply came from (I suppose someone mined for them), but there was very active trading.

The Steelers pencil was the most coveted.

I totally forgot about the NFL pencil craze in the late 70’s and early 80’s. Big deal in my world back then for sure. That made me think of Mad magazine for some reason. Another thing I got the fever for back then.

2E1B0824-1476-4930-8567-99A5E69F9D6B.jpeg

A 2-foot ladder is a small ladder. There are times when I might use it - such as taking down my smoke alarm when it goes off when I make raisin toast - perhaps doing a bit of killing when a spider goes into the upper corners - but I also have a folding chair which does that job.

The folding chair and the 2-foot ladder are redundant. And the chair has an alternate purpose. Sitting on.

As has been well documented on this forum, I do not like a lot of clutter. I chuck things.

The 2-foot ladder loses out.

I'll see if my sister and family want it. I'll offer the t-shirt too.

I wonder why they wouldn't stick something Blue Jays in the bag. Leafs? Raptors? Buffalo Bills even?

I probably wouldn't wear any of it but just in terms of the world making sense . . .