Random thoughts

MrX, okay I will agree with you that we had more educational opportunities, though I can't remember what grade I learned stealing from other people and destroying what's not yours isn't right! Old now but my guess maybe my parents were behind it? And if only a mom or dad probably still would have had it instilled in me! I know we're talking about kids and don't see them in the video, but those in the video were kids at one time! I wonder how many people a 55" TV can feed? :dunno:

Tell me the point you're trying to make, MrMonkey. For someone going on about "all talk and no action," I'm not really hearing any ideas from you. Just a lot of complaining about other people's ideas or lack there of. Yes, the people in this video were kids not that long ago. Do you think if they were born into a better educational and economical situation that you would see less behavior like this? What's your solution? Or do you think the current situation is good enough?

Name some things the liberal Dems have accomplished the last 3.5 years? Wasted time for the most part with devious lies on getting rid of the President 24/7! I would have taken the loss and concentrate on 2020! Don't worry, plenty of mail-in ballots going out so Biden might actually have a chance!

You're asking me to name what the minority party has accomplished?

Are we going do the same thing for Republicans, looking at the last period that they were the minority party?

Or do want to hear things that liberals have accomplished in local governments?

14FA5446-A962-42BE-AC56-8FA01578EB35.jpeg

Jesus Casper, you fall for that shit?

:facepalm

MrX
Tell me the point you're trying to make, MrMonkey. For someone going on about "all talk and no action," I'm not really hearing any ideas from you. Just a lot of complaining about other people's ideas or lack there of. Yes, the people in this video were kids not that long ago. Do you think if they were born into a better educational and economical situation that you would see less behavior like this? What's your solution? Or do you think the current situation is good enough?

Going back and forth here probably won't do much in seeing each other's positions! Rather we could debate in person would be ideal! I'm not the most articulate writer! Though it a nutshell I believe people should pay for their actions! I see the point of can't arrest and imprison everyone, but where's the line drawn to stop bad behavior?

Never in the world I would think I would see the day police officers (NYC) having water dumped on them and LOL at with no arrest being made! IMO it leads to more bad behavior with greater level of it possible! So you think it's okay to physically abuse a police officer?

If more jails are needed, build them and like you say continue to educate the born into unfortunateness and hopefully the concept of right/wrong gets through!

And here's a good one for you! So we get a few Confederate statues toppled and goes beyond that to Columbus! WTF did he do that was racist? Like Tron stated earlier about a different issue, I say then that every white historical figure that has existed must have been racist! Though my point here is .....
LOL! Video from 3 years ago! Trump not only is a man of ACTION but appears to be a prophet also! John Oliver, for all the complaining he spews, he make damn sure he got his US citizenship! Proof he's a funny, stupid man!
:usa:

MrX
I'm not really hearing any ideas from you. Just a lot of complaining about other people's ideas or lack there of.

Major US issue is major US cities! Major US cities are and have been controlled by liberal Democrats! GET REPUBLICANS MAYORS ALONG WITH REPUB MAJORITY COUNCIL elected! People who respect the notion of law and order and aren't afraid to make laws that protect the GOOD people!

These online political debates usually end with one person saying, "hey you know what, YOU"RE RIGHT. I've been looking at this the wrong way for years!"

:moped:

These online political debates usually end with one person saying, "hey you know what, YOU"RE RIGHT. I've been looking at this the wrong way for years!"

:moped:

I keep trying to say it, but no one thinks that that is the goal.

It's important to understand other peoples opinions. It's important to understand your own opinions. Neither of those things happen by listening to people of your own particular bent rave on about how horrible the other people are. But if you listen to people that you have some social connection to, and also try to defend your own points, there's a chance you might come out knowing some things that you didn't going in.

Of course no one's going to "win" a discussion like this but people generally aren't static in their viewpoints either. They get nudged in one direction or another over years as they take in more information.

Monkey, that's much better. Thanks pal. I'll get back to you on these later, but I gotta run for now.

MrX
Monkey, that's much better. Thanks pal. I'll get back to you on these later, but I gotta run for now.

:yipee: Probably be busy for the rest of the week at work, so take your time! RJ, I might even miss a night of cable news!

MrX
I keep trying to say it, but no one thinks that that is the goal.

It's important to understand other peoples opinions. It's important to understand your own opinions. Neither of those things happen by listening to people of your own particular bent rave on about how horrible the other people are. But if you listen to people that you have some social connection to, and also try to defend your own points, there's a chance you might come out knowing some things that you didn't going in.

Of course no one's going to "win" a discussion like this but people generally aren't static in their viewpoints either. They get nudged in one direction or another over years as they take in more information.

I agree 100% that of all the places to debate politics on the internet, this is the place (forum if you will) to do just that based on everyone’s longevity here.

:cheers:

Reactions: MrX
I found out later it was fake. I’ve been a bit busy today to do a retraction