Random thoughts

A problem I have always had tho is understanding what is expected of me in terms of human interaction.

So I'm in line at the grocery store checkout. I put my stuff on the conveyer and then put one of those dividers at the back.

So someone comes along and starts putting his stuff on the conveyer in what I would call the proper way. i.e. - behind my stuff, on the other side of the divider.

What does he say to me as he starts doing this? Can you guess?

"Sorry." Dude says sorry.

So what is expected of me? My first instinct was to say, "I forgive you." Dude is sorry so absolve him. But I figgered it would probably seem smart-ass. It would be kinda like saying, "Do you realize that you just apologized when you did absolutely nothing remotely wrong, you ridiculous suckwimp?"

So I didn't do that. I didn't do anything.

Looking back on it now, I think maybe the social expectation was for me to force a laugh and say, "That's okay." And then he forces a laugh and we have some forced meaningless noise together ????

Maybe that's what you do in that situation to be a proper social human being?

:dunno:

??????

I’ve noticed myself doing the nervous laugh/chuckle .

think I’ve always done it , just noticing it more recently .

A problem I have always had tho is understanding what is expected of me in terms of human interaction.

So I'm in line at the grocery store checkout. I put my stuff on the conveyer and then put one of those dividers at the back.

So someone comes along and starts putting his stuff on the conveyer in what I would call the proper way. i.e. - behind my stuff, on the other side of the divider.

What does he say to me as he starts doing this? Can you guess?

"Sorry." Dude says sorry.

So what is expected of me? My first instinct was to say, "I forgive you." Dude is sorry so absolve him. But I figgered it would probably seem smart-ass. It would be kinda like saying, "Do you realize that you just apologized when you did absolutely nothing remotely wrong, you ridiculous suckwimp?"

So I didn't do that. I didn't do anything.

Looking back on it now, I think maybe the social expectation was for me to force a laugh and say, "That's okay." And then he forces a laugh and we have some forced meaningless noise together ????

Maybe that's what you do in that situation to be a proper social human being?

:dunno:

??????
I tend to always default to "that's ok" or "nothing to be sorry for!" or "you're fine" I find it odd how often people say sorry, for things that don't even dictate an apology or any words at all really. I suppose he must have felt he was being intrusive.
humans are weird.

I’ve been using the term ‘Half A Dozen’ a lot lately.

It stems from doing a quick estimate range between 4-10 in my head quickly.

“We went to the beach half a dozen times this summer”.

Man o man, this is a big steak I have gotten myself for dinner.

Dinner will require two plates because the steak is the size of the plate. No sides will fit on there.

Some people might look at it and question if I could even eat the whole thing. It's that big, this fucking steak.

But yes. I will eat the whole thing.

I have tied my record for consecutive New York Times Crosswords solved error-free. 9.

To beat the record, I will have to solve a Sunday, the biggest challenge of all.

It will come out in a couple hours. Fans are on the edge of their seats.

:facepalm

One letter wrong. Would have been a record time too.

Oh well. What can I say? New streak starts tomorrow I guess.

I just noticed my underpants are inside-out. I just got home from work and had my shower and got dressed. I have a clear memory of looking at the underpants and inverting them before putting them on.

But obviously they were right to begin with. I don't know what I saw but I actively made them wrong.

And here we are.

No, I will not be undressing from the waist down and fixing them.

4bac8c45f086206ff693d614a89f8ed9.png

I just noticed my underpants are inside-out. I just got home from work and had my shower and got dressed. I have a clear memory of looking at the underpants and inverting them before putting them on.

But obviously they were right to begin with. I don't know what I saw but I actively made them wrong.

And here we are.

No, I will not be undressing from the waist down and fixing them.
Muddy,
don't feel bad. there are times I forgot half the clothes I am supposed to be putting on and don't realize it til I am to walk out the door....🤦

Got a haircut today and changed up the clipper factor.

Went from 3.5 to 2

It wasn't long ago I cut back from 5 to 3.5. Six months ago maybe?

But now 2

I'm out here experiencing everything life has to offer.

Making a couple of egg sammiches earlier, I couldn't help but ponder the big glob of margarine on my knife.

It was an amount needed for 4 slices of bread. Good sized glob. I asked myself, would you stick that whole glob in your mouth and eat it?

The answer was a resounding no. The answer was gross.

But of course that's exactly what I did. I ate the sammiches and therefore that big glob of margarine. There was nothing gross. I tricked myself by spreading it out.

Sometimes my days begin with rampant metaphors.