Random thoughts

Thanks bacon. That guy looked like he was the product of incest of at least five generations of inbreeding.

Stupid Pollen.

I miss Oksy.

It's almost the weekend.

I am at the park right now and I have to constantly clean my phone screen.

It's supposed to be super high this weekend.....oh joy!

My Jenny's osteoarthritis in her knees has been a big annoyance for quite awhile - but livable - but now it has launched a fullscale attack on one hip which is so bad she has to have replacement surgery.

Dayum.

Carlos Quentin should have assault charges pressed against him, that was idiotic for so many reasons. I would love for him to explain in detail what Greinke said to him to provoke him to charge the mound :nothing:

Muddy, I am sorry to hear about your Jenny. I hope that when she does have this surgery, that it goes well and she has a speedy recovery! Good luck Jenny!

headed to the liquor store tonight. Trying to think of a new wine to try. I'm on a wine kick. Not a huge fan Reislings but I'll drink it.
Do not like anything dry and bitter, but also nothing overly sweet. preferably white, but will to try reds. Any suggestions fellow gamelivers? (I know there is a wine thread somewhere, I just don't feel like looking for it)

Cami try Sauvignon Blanc, which often tastes like tropical fruit, sometimes pineapple. I love a good Sauvignon Blanc.

Otherwise, most women love their Pinot Grigio. I don't hate it either.

In the reds, Pinot Noir is a safe, medium-bodied, medium-sweet bet.

Obviously your mileage will vary widely depending on the producer and the vintage, but I think these 3 varietals are a good place to start.

Lol no Rog, Altoona has normal hours. Though it wouldn't hurt if they were open an hour two later.

Matty thanks for the recommendations. Pinot Noir is alright. I do enjoy a good Sauvignon Blanc, I tried one this past weekend that was mixed with Kiwi and pear flavors, that was just yummy. Maybe I'll find another kind of Sauvignon Blanc.

Also in the reds, you might like Malbec. It tends to be full-bodied and fruity without being too sweet.

If you can find Kaiken Malbec, it's a great cheap bottling.

Kaiken-Malbec-2010-Label.jpg

We had so much malbec lately it's ridiculous. My wife buys a few bottles every time she shops. It's not as dry as Merlot and it's not very sweet. Ride blend of sweetness and flavor.

My Jenny's osteoarthritis in her knees has been a big annoyance for quite awhile - but livable - but now it has launched a fullscale attack on one hip which is so bad she has to have replacement surgery.

Dayum.

Not surprised, this usually happens right after the warranty runs out.