Random thoughts

A good way to know if you're officially old balls: all new music sounds like shit to you.

I feel fortunate that I really enjoy new music by bands like Ex-Cops, Foster The People, Interpol, Cage The Elephant and Young The Giant.

I fire up Songza on my way to work in the morning just to listen to Top 40. 90% of it is unbearable, but I do enjoy some stuff.

That Ellie Goulding is interesting. It's pretty intricate for pop music.

There is more new music out there than what is shoved down people's throats on the Top 40 stations.

50-60% of the tracks played on Alt-Nation on Sirius XM are very good and very new.

CatsvDogs.com

The Killers have gone to shit, even worse than U2.

Shit. We are borderline embarrassed we thought any of their stuff is cool, though there is no denying Hot Fuss.

Because you know I'm all about that bass, bout that bass.

No treble.

I myself have not. I will have to look that up to see what it even is.

persimmons-nutrition-facts.jpg

:dunno:

As we speak, there is a guy maybe 12 feet to my right on his hands and knees on a prayer carpet, head pointing towards mecca, saying prayers. I can hear him quietly mumbling.

So goofy, humans.

i wonder if oksana heard this story:

In his first NHL game, a 3—2 loss in Philadelphia in February '10, Subban challenged towering Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger, perhaps the nastiest player of his generation, during a scrum at the end of the third period. "He's got one guy in one hand and one guy in another," Subban says. "I come right in the middle, grab him and say, 'Let him go, let him go.' And he didn't say anything. I say, 'I'm not scared of you.' He says, 'God, your breath stinks. Can you get out of here?' "

Subban takes a swig of sparkling water and continues the story. "Next night we're playing them in Montreal. The puck gets rimmed out of the zone on a power play, and I'm in front of the Philly bench. I stop just before the red line, getting ready to rim it back around after our forwards tag up. As I'm winding up I look over, and the player coming out of the [penalty] box is Pronger. All I see coming over my shoulder is orange. He's coming to kill me. So I follow through with my shot and as I recoil, I kinda duck down over my right shoulder and slip out of a check as he starts to throw it. He trips over my back leg and falls into the boards face-first. As I'm backing away, I see [Flyers wing] Ian Laperrire, and he's got a funny face, like, Oh, my God. And I'm laughing and Pronger's yelling, 'You bailed! You bailed!' If you can believe, the words out of my mouth were 'Suck it, Prongs.' "
http://deadspin.com/p-k-subban-has-a-really-good-chris-pronger-story-1666389939

Color of the year for 2015 (according to Pantone, whoever they are):

Marsala

Here's some:

images

:handshake:

horrible color

to much mauve

maude

yhst-21543727730288_2229_553324.jpg

2013-05-14-Lot13CurrinBeaArthurNaked1.jpg

A somewhat flattering rendering I must say. I would have imagined broader linebackerish shoulders and saggier in the boobs. So that's nice.

VP took my team out for lunch today to celebrate our successes and shit.

She said she was taking us to a "nice steak sandwich place".

Where I come from, this is not a "nice steak sandwich place":

1398452568Provoke_Hys_Toronto_Arch_Web-1.jpg

1398452437Provoke_Hys_Toronto_Arch_Web-2.jpg

Had an extravagant burger, some overpriced wine and an okay cheesecake.

I was underdressed.

Last edited:
what a nice gesture

We had Swiss Chalet ordered in for my group yesterday. I had a quarter chicken dinner. We ate it in the conference room.

It was probably less all-around posh.