Random thoughts

Do piano tuners still use the ol' tuning fork?

That is not a simple job.

There were tuning forks being deployed at times, yes.

It was a major job. It was not just a regular tuning. He hammered in the pegs (or something like that) so that it should hold its tuning for longer. It did not seem like it would be a fun job to do - but then again if you break it down to what he was paid per hour, it is pretty darn good.

Maybe I should learn to tune pianos.

It sounds so good I keep thinking I am going to be able to play the piano better but it doesn't work that way.

The 3rd and 2nd strings on a guitar have a strange relationship that forces the trained ear to adjust the tuning when playing consecutive songs in different keys, notably A & D. When I played live music I was known as the obsessive-compulsive guy who retuned between each and every song.

Being microtonally in tune got me laid a lot.

:redx:

Last edited:
Unclear on this

2003-sex_machine-anali_extreme_downhill_team-1240836659.jpg

Do you ever notice how often when you watch a movie, there is someone in it that was in one of the last 2 movies you have seen? I have been noticing that lately.

Not 100% of the time or anything but it feels like a high percentage considering how many actors there are out there.

Like here's what I'm talking about. The last movie I saw was Reds. It has John Malkovich who was in the movie I saw immediately before that, Burn After Reading. Burn After Reading also fits my premise because 2 movies before that, I saw Secretariat which also has John Malkovich. Secretariat fits because just before that I saw The Queen and both movies have James Cromwell. Now in the middle there I saw For Whom The Bell Tolls. That doesn't fit the pattern. Watching movies from different eras is going to screw things up.

But the next movie I will see - because it is sitting on my coffee table - will be Let Me In. It has Richard Jenkins who was also in Burn After Reading which I saw 2 movies ago.

Get what I'm saying? I notice this all the time. I will watch a movie and there will be someone like, "Hey, I just saw them!"

It's not something I do on purpose. It just happens. Sometimes it is just some obscure supporting shleb.

As I say, it is nothing like 100% of the time. But I wonder if it's 50. I'll have to keep track.

I have noticed that Muddy, not just movies but TV shows as well.

Could just be an illusion. Maybe it's the kind of thing you notice when it happens but there is no reason to take notice when it doesn't happen. Maybe, in actuality, it doesn't happen as often as I imagine.

sex-machine.jpg

Do you ever notice how often when you watch a movie, there is someone in it that was in one of the last 2 movies you have seen? I have been noticing that lately.
I don't notice it in movies, but I do notice it on game shows, it seems like every-time I watch Jeopardy Alex Trebek is hosting.

We need a :oops: smiley.

2v9yy2o.gif

Ok Muddy so what is the sudden fascination with sex toys?

Is it the overall uniqueness or are you and Jenny bout' to freak it up a bit?