random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,459 Views
England v Italy @MrMonkey
Watched enough of it but was making me sleepy. Italy needs to find a just one young striker who can score. I mean the conservative possession hockey that got them a Euro title just appears to have been lightning in a bottle. Young kid yesterday didn't impress me at all but still don't want to see Immoblie or Belotti ever starting again for the National team!

Glad Mancini appeared to use many new faces yesterday. This tournament or WETF it is means nothing IMO. Unreal no WC again this year. Hopefully still be around for 2026 that is in US/Canada/Mexico.
:italia::usa:

1B258475-91B8-40AE-BA7B-EA812D30704F.png

Love the last 5 miles of the flatter stages, really love the sick climbs and descents in the mountains. Beyond that it’s always been a tough watch.

🚲

Yellow jersey involved in a crash with 12 miles to go!

🚳

Crossing an eleven mile bridge to finish the Stage. That’s an impressive bridge!

I watched the final 5kms, good shit. Their cruising speed is already unbelievable, but then they start sprinting at 60+ at the end of a 200km race. It boggles the mind. I know drafting is a big part of it, but still.

52km/h average yesterday for the opening time trial where they're not allowed to draft. 13.2kms in just over 15 minutes.

:monster:

I'm rooting for Wout van Aert for no reason other than I like yelling Wout!

Watching at Wimbledon bringing out plenty of past champions. Now going to 5 time champions with Borg and V. Williams.

Having my morning coffee and watching some clown from Australia playing Wimbledon with his hat on backwards acting like he couldn’t care less about his match

So I had heard many great things about Toronto Blue Jays catcher, Alejandro Kirk, but I’d never actually seen him (I’m much more of a National League guy).

Wow. Have you seen Alejandro Kirk?

:wow

I watched the final 5kms, good shit. Their cruising speed is already unbelievable, but then they start sprinting at 60+ at the end of a 200km race. It boggles the mind. I know drafting is a big part of it, but still.

52km/h average yesterday for the opening time trial where they're not allowed to draft. 13.2kms in just over 15 minutes.

:monster:

I'm rooting for Wout van Aert for no reason other than I like yelling Wout!
They’re averaging 33 mph in todays stage so far

:wow

First Djokovic looks dead in the water yesterday down 2-0 sets and blows away guy last 3 sets. And now just caught the end of Nadal down 2-1 sets and wins tiebreaker in 5th set. I think Joker being so good on grass will win it and believe that crazy dude Kyrgios probably will beat a tired and slightly ailing Nadal especially if he keeps serving all those aces.

Simona Halep wins for the women.

Having my morning coffee and watching some clown from Australia playing Wimbledon with his hat on backwards acting like he couldn’t care less about his match
Clown is way too kind. Very entertaining I guess for some but I always root against him! Connors and McEnroe were bad boys usually only against the chair person and lines persons but this guy has it out at opposing players + fans.

Watching Wimbledon men's finals. If Kyrgios continues to serve aces and get high % of 1st serves he might just beat the Joker. I know he played 6 matches so far but leads tourney with 120 aces. Has 5 so far in 4 games today. Djokovic had 50 for the tourney.

And the lady who won yesterday had 53 aces for the tourney. Next closeness was 30. Know not as much of a strategy to serve and volley at Wimbledon as years ago but if you can such an advantage on grass. Easy quick points.