random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,482 Views
I quite like logo and the home jersey

seattle-kraken-jersey-seattle-kraken-uniform-new.jpg

They're both gonna get gassed within 2 rounds and then take the occasional potshot at each other while trying not to die of exhaustion and old age.

Always a bit embarrassing to see retired superstars having to do this for income. They were both grossing 8 figures per fight at their peak.

They're both gonna get gassed within 2 rounds and then take the occasional potshot at each other while trying not to die of exhaustion and old age.

Always a bit embarrassing to see retired superstars having to do this for income. They were both grossing 8 figures per fight at their peak.

Totally agree....except this fight has a unique entertainment value unlike others.

You know in wrestling when they resurrect a wrestler you haven’t seen in 20 years, parade him around and they do their signature move on a relevant wrestler?

Watching these two show even a glimmer of themselves should spur nostalgia in quite a few people.

I’m not going to watch this looking for a fight. I’m going to watch this to reminisce about the fights both of these men had that made me love boxing.

aren't they in different weight classes?

Yeah. Roy was a super middle/light heavy for most of his career. He had one fight at heavyweight where he toyed with John Ruiz. Probably the most impressive fight of RJJ's career but he gets very little recognition for it because Ruiz was seen as a "soft" champion.

Tyson was always a small heavy though. Lewis-Tyson is more of a mismatch than RJJ-Tyson if you ask me.

Jones was probably the most untouchable fighter I ever saw. It was strange to see when he started getting knocked out all the time.

His opponents never knew he didn't have a chin until Antonio Tarver exposed it. That put an end to his aura of invincibility. Same with Tyson when he got put on his ass by Douglas.

Both of these guys had a huge intimidation factor going for them early in their career.

His opponents never knew he didn't have a chin until Antonio Tarver exposed it. That put an end to his aura of invincibility. Same with Tyson when he got put on his ass by Douglas.

Both of these guys had a huge intimidation factor going for them early in their career.

The cool thing about the two of them is that their methods of intimidation were very different IMO. Tough to argue that Tyson’s wasn’t more primal.

lol at the crowd noise person in the champions league, he's like 10 seconds behind every major play, you feel he's on his phone and not paying attention. and the away team scored a goal and he put a cheer bit and then changed it quick to a boo bit.

The NHL noise guys are pretty on point, I tend to forget that the noise is fake.

Dolphin and Hurricane games at Hard Rock Stadium will have fans in the stands this season (20% capacity) sources say