random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,233 Comments
  • Views 260,482 Views
I am watching car races and the leaders name is Will Power. :laugh:
do you guys know? I heard its impossible for a layperson to drive one of those cars. not even well, I mean just to get it going. is that true?

I am watching car races and the leaders name is Will Power. :laugh:
do you guys know? I heard its impossible for a layperson to drive one of those cars. not even well, I mean just to get it going. is that true?

There's a classic video of Richard Hammond trying to drive an F1. Guy has an amateur racing license and drives cars for a living. He could barely complete a lap.

OK. Maybe that's who I heard about. (probably from you :grin: ). So I guess the problem is you can't just cruise slow in it cause you have to give it lots of gas or it won't engage. Also this thing with breaking won't work for some reason.

So far France v South Korea and Germany v China has been entertaining in the Women’s World Cup from France.

I don’t remember the women being that fast

Bullshit offsides called vs Italy early on

I hope it wasn't the Blue Jays. What's the story?

I went to the stadium, Marlins Park

before they moved to this new stadium I used to go watch the Marlins all the time, I would get the cheap $10 outfield seats with the parking and hot dog it would be like $30 - $40, it was nothing, at that time I used to live in the negro ghetto like 5 minutes from the stadium so it was convenient, but ever since they moved I hadn't been back to see them once until now

I miss my old empty sucky stadium

It's the most realist sport.
Hockey too dirty, the others just plain suck...
...ive noticed theyve deduced basketball to its common denominator. The basket can't get better at defending itself.
as much as I loved baseball and all its ritualistic quirkiness, it feels like an utterly pointless activity to me now.
...and you know, US football is a comedy of errors.

I miss my old empty sucky stadium

Marlins Park is still empty, my friend.

Every game now they have a $10 ticket available. It’s called the Estrella Jalisco. After you buy the ticket, you go to a kiosk inside Marlins Park and they give you a bracelet.
It gives you access to 2 different sections. The center field section (2 tier) is reserved only for people with the Estrella Jalisco $10 ticket.

Also, in Sections 13 and 37, they have $5 draft beers and $3 hot dogs every game.

Okay I'm calling it. I'm standing up and taking a position.

Rafael Nadal ---> he's good at clay court tennis.

I’m watching hockey. It’s not bad. Common Blues one time.

Good hockey announcers are amazing, huh? I find myself watching the game but just thinking about how amazing this guy calling the game is.

I also think hockey handles serious fouls better overall than soccer. Flagrantly tackle a guy who’s skating along with the puck? Go sit in the penalty box for 2 minutes while we have a POWER PLAY party.

None of this playing with 10 men for 80 minutes stuff like soccer does occasionally.

Well we’ll just all have to suffer through a Game 7 for all the coconuts on Wednesday night in Boston.

The play by play guys can be good. That's a skilled position. Color commentary are 90% crap.