random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 515 Comments
  • Views 28,657 Views
The Blue album is very likely in my personal Top 50 albums of all time

Kinda surprised to hear that from you. It is a masterpiece of catchy songwriting. Those guitar tones are classic as well.

What was that smiley with fischy throwing up called?

Kinda surprised to hear that from you. It is a masterpiece of catchy songwriting. Those guitar tones are classic as well.

What kind of music were you under the impression that I liked?

What kind of music were you under the impression that I liked?

I dunno, I guess I just noticed that a lot of people who are/were into 80's stuff tend to despise the guitar-heavy bands of the 90's. Weezer is hated on quite a lot.

Weezer was hands down the worst concert I ever saw. Small venue (college gymnasium) after maybe the green album. They played about 35 minutes, then Rivers announced he was sick but that theyd be going to some bar (obviously very few in the crowd, myself included were of age). What a dick.

Weezer was my very first rock concert. They played a small university arena in Montreal in early 95, we were real close to the band. They had that giant W logo light up in sync with the beat, this 16yo jagoff was pretty impressed. :propeller:

That sounds awesome. Machu. Bone that does NOT sound awesome. Actually reminds me of a story a buddy told me about how he and his friends went to see Phish awhile back and after the show the band happened to walk into the bar they were at, down a platter of shots and then hit on their girlfriends.

Max's first concert was Yes, I'd say 93 or so. Steve Howe's solo's were the bomb, yo.

Most haunting show is Blind Melon at the Stone Pony just before Shannon died. Dude did NOT look healthy. Great show though.

That sounds awesome. Machu. Bone that does NOT sound awesome. Actually reminds me of a story a buddy told me about how he and his friends went to see Phish awhile back and after the show the band happened to walk into the bar they were at, down a platter of shots and then hit on their girlfriends.

Max's first concert was Yes, I'd say 93 or so. Steve Howe's solo's were the bomb, yo.

Most haunting show is Blind Melon at the Stone Pony just before Shannon died. Dude did NOT look healthy. Great show though.

In NJ. Did he play rain song?

Muddy what do you think of Cyndi Lauper?

Hmmm. Well I remember when she burst on the scene. It was the same time as Madonna and there was an unofficial rivalry between them.

I liked Cyndi Lauper better. The music was slightly more tolerable and she seemed more fun and real. I recall her involvement in professional wrestling. That coincided with my brief period of ironic interest in the WWF (as it was known at the time) so points to Cyndi for that.

Fair to say Madonna actually won though.

I don't know much about what Cyndi has been doing since then. I know, just in the last few years, she worked on the score for the musical Kinky Boots. I think she won a Tony.

I'd be curious to see that at some point.