random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 515 Comments
  • Views 28,689 Views
I keep hearing this song and it sounds like the singer is saying: blame it on my poop.

But she's probably not saying blame it on my poop.

I finished the thing I was doing - my Beatles re-discovery project - where I listened to an album a week - in order from the beginning.

Last week was Let it Be - which is the last.

What can I say? Amazing band, amazing music, amazing story.

I really enjoyed it. Really focusing on that one album every week. Thinking about it. Reliving the journey.

And it works with my lifestyle. I can listen to the album-of-the-week while cleaning my grapes and making my sammiches and whatnot. It's been good.

So I was thinking today I should do it again - with something else like that.

But you know what? There isn't anything else like that. Obviously there are other bands - but there is nothing like that.

Joe Perry at the Grammys 🤦‍♂️ Guy butchered his own songs. Probably has bad arthritis? He can't play guitar anymore. Trainwreck.

Lol that's not on YouTube yet, I'll have to check it out.

Cage the Elephant wins best rock album for Social Cues!

Awesome, and very well deserved.

:highfive:

They actually had a different guitarist in the back playing Walk This Way when Run DMC joined in, it was night and day compared to Joe Perry's sloppy intro. Then Joe tried to take a couple solos 🤦‍♂️ Horrible mess of out-of-tune beginner spaghetti.

Ummm......

Damn :lmao:

Finally gave Billy Elish's song of the year "Bad Guy" a listen. You have to love the state of music currently when the song of the year winner features a re-occurring lyric of "DUH" in it.

Some groovy hooks though I'll give her that. Different look/sound for the current generation which is kind of cool I guess, not for me.

Won't beat a dead horse about my excitement with CTE winning, but how about putting the best Rock awards on the main TV broadcast?

Pearl Jam finally learned about syncopation and less than traditional key signatures. They're so cool. Not.

I don't hate them and I do think they are cool, they've been doing it forever. All my friends in high school and college were on them and Phish, and they still are.

Never totally dug either, but I put them a notch above Van Halen, Rush, etc. but a notch below Live, Soundgarden and Tool, especially the latter.

For now I need to figure out what to do to get Billie Elish out of my head. I listened to good Black Keys on the way to work but that shit keeps coming back. It's in my subconscious. I even caught myself dancing a little bit with it playing in my head which can't happen.

Might be frontal lobotomy time.

Pearl Jam finally learned about syncopation and less than traditional key signatures. They're so cool. Not.

I don’t even like Pearl Jam but are you sure you’re not just spouting off something you heard at a swanky party? “Traditional key signatures”???

Nope made it all up by myself. Sorry if I misstated what they're goin for in their new tune. Played in the marching band for 8 years (never poorly, never well).
Apologies if you're such a hot shit musician that you dont get it even if I technically misstated it. Irrational and complex time sigs, key sigs with accidentals, syncopation, etc. Those are things, no? Maybe I need to learn guitar to sit around and slob on matty's dick then I'll be entiled to opine on anything about music.

I feel pretty good when I spot odd time signatures on TV. I am not a learned musician.

That said, one of my favorite tunes to play on the guitar (Steve Vai's Die to Live) is in 7/4. I've yet to find a drummer that can follow along.

Billie Eilish is all sorts of adorable. I was shocked when I realized that her and Ariana Grande were buds. You'd think they'd avoid each other like the plague just for cultural/branding reasons.

Apologies if you're such a hot shit musician that you dont get it even if I technically misstated it. Irrational and complex time sigs, key sigs with accidentals, syncopation, etc. Those are things, no? Maybe I need to learn guitar to sit around and slob on matty's dick then I'll be entiled to opine on anything about music.

:fiverahhh:

<——————is definitely NOT a hot shit musician.
Your post just sounded funny and unexpected.

Apologies.

Billie Eilish is all sorts of adorable. I was shocked when I realized that her and Ariana Grande were buds. You'd think they'd avoid each other like the plague just for cultural/branding reasons.

I think she's pretty ugly tbh.

Definitely original though.

Yeah Billie E has a well above average face.