random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 517 Comments
  • Views 29,129 Views
Sure, but I find it funny that a guy from a band of that ilk would attempt calm strike another band (whom I don't care for either) that's infinitely more significant.

National anthems can be weird when you start looking at the words. Sometimes you're better off not even knowing.

I was just reading a translation of (France's anthem) La Marseillaise. Egad.

I dislike O Canada because of a reference to god in there but at least it doesn't sound like a manifesto from the Unabomber.

Lyrics-wise, I gotta say, the Star-Spangled Banner is a beauty. Grandiose and vivid imagery and shit.

The Star-Spangled Banner is alright. It makes the point that the country is very much about war - but keeps it low-key and tasteful.

France is all screaming paranoia and blood running in the streets 'n shit.

Baby bea has been requesting the star spangled banner as her bed time song lately.

So I'm at the dentist - gonna have 2 hours in the chair - and she asks what I would like her to put on for listening.

I decide to go with Beethoven piano sonatas. Just do a playlist of those for a couple hours. Fine.

So that's going on - and it's beautiful - inspired - some of the best music ever written IMO.

Then she starts drilling.

I think I understand now why Beethoven didn't include any dentist drilling sounds in any of his compositions. It really doesn't go with the music.

It doesn't go.

:handshake:

Harry Styles's band is TIGHT

(Harry Styles's outfit, not so much)

Couldn't help myself. I was rockin' out by the end of that.

That is pop music done right. 👌

As for the outfit, all I can say is, I guess he's doing it on purpose?

Like he picked random stuff out of an old chest in his grandma's attic, with his eyes closed.