random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 517 Comments
  • Views 29,559 Views
Kings of Leon, one of my favorite bands ever.

Machu calls them mall music, but good mall music.

Appreciate that man.

Here is the video for sex on fire for Teela or anyone else

And here they are completely fucking it up, which I still think is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in music.

Still not sure why they did that.

Stevie I bet you she's going to be paying it non-stop on loop all night long now that you posted it.

Modest Mouse will be playing the Stony Pony in Asbury Park. How much would I LOVE to be there with all my old friends from that area. Not happening though. We saw so much good music there. I remember seeing Blind Melon there just before Shannon Hoon passed, so awesome.

Not sure if I mentioned this but I'm pretty fond of Modest Mouse.

Saw Montreals very own Men I Trust in concert last night at a (too) small venue in Ft Lauderdale.

The venue was too small, the Feels Like Temperature was too large but it was worth it. They didn’t play “Lauren” but they did play “Taiilwhip”.

Had no idea that today is Elton John’s final UK concert. It’s the big Glastonbury Festival in England, glad that British TV is showing it.

For those of you in a dark mood check this one out, up there with U2 Exit and Pink Floyd Sheep, imo

Covering this would be a good vent for losing four figs. The way fucks w the audience pre song is genius as well.

I do think I have the lungs, anger level (at times) to do it.

Modest, Mouse.

FOR THE WIN.

:bowdown:

Holy shit, that ending is NOT on the album.

Jaw is dropped.

Last edited:

Thank you, Tron.

Nothing takes the edge off like it.

Are ID current? Did I (thankfully) miss a release that will shortly be flooding the airwaves?

I know steves (and tron?) are lovers but I'd say U2. Their pop rock sucks. They had a 2023 studio album that's just a fucking cash grab re-release (lol). They may be the OG overly preachy and woke (and maybe even Christian?) bands. Maybe they were good but shut up, accept the award and sit down Clooney. FFS, you're here to entertain me not convince me genocide in Darfur is bad - I KNOW IT IS. They've done a Disney tie in recently and I can only assume they're currently on tour or somewhere selling $500 seats to see their self important money grabbing no talent asses.

Are ID current? Did I (thankfully) miss a release that will shortly be flooding the airwaves?

I know steves (and tron?) are lovers but I'd say U2. Their pop rock sucks. They had a 2023 studio album that's just a fucking cash grab re-release (lol). They may be the OG overly preachy and woke (and maybe even Christian?) bands. Maybe they were good but shut up, accept the award and sit down Clooney. FFS, you're here to entertain me not convince me genocide in Darfur is bad - I KNOW IT IS. They've done a Disney tie in recently and I can only assume they're currently on tour or somewhere selling $500 seats to see their self important money grabbing no talent asses
I was 100% cool with your entire post until I got to here. It’s ignorant to say that a band that sold 25 million copies of The Joshua Tree and 18 million copies of Achtung Baby has no talent. Unless you are talking about their output over the last 20 years or so perhaps?

I think Imagine Dragons are ultra cringey but I’d never say they have no talent.

Eh, I was just riffing.. sure they're talented. But also album sales does not equal talent. Commercial success does not equal talent. Theyre talented like a highschool talent show has talent. The backstreet boys have sold over 100 million albums and I wouldn't say they're 2x times more talented than U2.

Commercial success MIGHT provide a gut check for some base level of talent but the level that exists in every towns church choir, student accapella group and 1/20 garage bands everywhere. You couldn't plug and play ME in with members of U2 (or BSB) but there are 10s or even 100s of thousands of folks you could.

Thing that sets these groups apart is they (or someone producing them) has some commercial vision and business savvy - a remarkable skill in its own right.

I don't think Taylor Swift is any more musically talented than the average good singing white chick who knows a tiny amount of music theory and can bang out journeyman piano and guitar. She just won the production, publicity and marketing wars over all those other equally (or even some more) talented peeps.

And I love me some T. Swift.