• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 2,989 Views

SoV

Since
Jan 11, 2011
Score
Tokens
After the terror attacks, crashes and general misery, and with Bread labelling me a bearer of bad news, I thought of starting a thread for positive news!

Starting with:

An anonymous donor in Denmark has left nearly $200,000 (120,000) in a clothes recycling bin outside a charity shop run by the Red Cross.

The money was found in a bin liner under piles of donated clothing.

The note attached said: "To the Danish Red Cross, from anonymous. Have collected for 40 years."

Followed by:

Call it a case of history three-peating itself: Newborn Mason Parker arrived in the waning minutes of Tuesday, July 19 just in time to share his birthday with both his mom and dad.
Mason hadnt been due to arrive until Wednesday, so parents Jacquie and Paul Parker of Massapequa, N.Y., had been planning to go out and celebrate their mutual birthday with a relaxed dinner.
But Mason had other ideas. He arrived at Long Island Jewish Medical Center Tuesday night, literally in the eleventh hour 11:30 p.m. weighing 8 pounds, 4 ounces.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43839592/ns/today-good_news/

I might break down and eat some bacon.

That's positive. Sorta.

Props to whoever found that money in the bin at the Red Cross. Not sure I would have been as honest. I'd like to think I would, but that's change your life type of money and it would be tempting to be equally mysterious and anonymous about it as the donor was.

positive news thread didn't went far

it needed some kato

Theme park caters to the disabled:

[video]http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7374141n[/video]

good idea, but it should be real good news. Not some stupid baby. I guess the no news is good news saying is pretty accurate.

Leave it to Oksie to ruin a good news thread.

xo

The "I really dislike Blitty" thread lives on for another day! :up:

this is positive news

Ray XXXXXX and Ericson McFadden are now friends.
5 minutes ago Like Add Ericson as Friend

Leave it to Oksie to ruin a good news thread.

xo

I am demonstrating the glass half full technique, fucko.

This is what us eternally sunshiney people do. Mmmkay???