• Replies 43 Comments
  • Views 1,619 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
My mum has been doing this for years. Not non-stop but the topic keeps coming up. There will be brief discussions. One time there was a family meeting. Pieces get added to the puzzle.

Latest thing is, she asked me to put together the musical program. I of course said yes - but I of course have little idea how to actually do that. She has given me a list of songs which I guess I will need to draw from many different sources onto one disc (?) I guess it should all end up on a disc??

I guess.

There will be many questions along the way. I guess I will need to download a lot of it from somewhere. If I have to pay, I have to pay. I guess I just download it into my computer and then sort it and burn it onto a disc once I've got it all?

I guess?

Here is my one question of the moment. One song she has there is Pachelbel's Canon. Very lovely song and all that - but very closely associated with weddings. Based on my experiences in December, it is also associated with Xmas for some.

Point being, it sure doesn't strike me as funeral music. She can obviously have whatever she wants but I could also go back to her with gentle suggestions. Does that seem like funeral music to you guys? If you don't recognize the name, I'm sure it's on YouTube and you can just jump into the middle and you'll know the song I am talking about within 5 seconds. Pachelbel's Canon

before I even listened to it, I thought of that song in my head as I've heard it at most weddings. Usually when the family is seated all the bridesmaids and groomsmen are coming in.

Its beautiful

but yeah, not really very funeral like.

Pretty sure that was played at my dad's funeral but he died close to Christmas time so there was other Christmas music. Or else this is on George Winston's December but maybe both. I'm going to go listen to our funeral music..will get back to you.

The more I hear it I think it is more familiar because it must be on December, and I think I wanted it played at my wedding. Love the song. I see nothing wrong with it being played at a funeral if she likes it.

I told my wife I only want Metallica on my funeral. The louder the better. I want a party. I don't want people to be sad.

Muddy if you don't want to pay, let me know. I can probably get all the songs onto a disc for you and ship it out.

Don't even want one. I am thinking a bar reserved for the night all drinks paid for, friends and family can talk about me or whatever else is required the only requirements are everyone has a good time and gets home safe.

Apparently Canon is an accepted funeral piece and was even played at Lady Di's funeral. Without trying, I found a place I can apparently download it for a buck.

Oh, it's Amazon. I have heard of them.

Next question: can I take songs off a regular CD and save them to my computer (and then later burn them to a recompiled CD)?

Recompiled may not be the word I am looking for there. I am talking about taking a few songs from an existing CD - saving them to my computer along with whatever I download - and then putting them all in order and burning them to a new blank CD.

Is that do-able?

:lmao: yes Muddy

I am surprised you have never done this before.

Cougs should make the CD and ship it to Mrs. Muddy with a note.

Dear Mrs. Muddy, hope this finds you well.

You can now go ahead and die.

Yours always,

Cougar Bait

I would enjoy a Gamelive "make a mix cd for a random Gameliver" exchange

Ugh. Amazing Grace. I hate the song Amazing Grace.

Always with the Amazing Grace.

In talking about this musical program, my mum made reference to a few songs she was including because she wants to honor her Scottish heritage. I am having a hard time remembering a single instance from my whole life's experience where our Scottish heritage came into play in any way.

Okay, that's a lie. My brother's middle name is Fraser because we are of the Fraser clan. So there's an instance.

But I think that's it.

Cougs should make the CD and ship it to Mrs. Muddy with a note.

Dear Mrs. Muddy, hope this finds you well.

You can now go ahead and die.

Yours always,

Cougar Bait

:clueless: yeah because that really sounds like something I'd do

Fraser is originally French. From "fraiseur", i.e. millwright.

the-more-you-know-o.gif

ill let the funeral home deal with the music..... the last wacked out broad i dated was infatuated with a song that they played at her mothers funeral... that Passenger song, let her go... of course that mother fucker has been overplayed more than any other song in the last year and she thinks that somehow its symbolic (as in her dead mom is trying to connect with her) EVERY FUCKING TIME SHE HEARS IT... its on every fucking station 50 times a day and she thinks its a special sign to her :wacko: i cant even begin to tell you how happy i am to get away from that crazy white woman .. back to the asians for me :yes:

You can rip the songs from the CD and store them on tour computer and then mix them with other songs you downloaded from amazon. Then you can make playlists. Very easy to rip songs. Google it.

I guess I can get started. I am seeing at least 2 songs I need at Amazon. I'll look closer to see if there are more. Maybe I can grabba bunch RIGHT NOW.

So there's a button for "Buy MP3 Song." Is MP3 what I want? Is that what I will get when I copy songs from a CD? Do I just press that button and let the magic happen?

Is Amazon a reasonable place to do this, quality-wise?

Do I need to download an app or some damn thing? I have at least a couple media players on my computer. I can listen to my own songs which are stored on Dropbox. They are .wav format fwiw.

Sorry for the bombardment with questions. I can just ask the guys at work tomorrow. I feel sure a couple of the young fellas will be all over this.

But the forum today has got me in the mood for some impulse purchasin' and I am rarin' to throw the first $2.19 behind this project.