Planning ones own funeral

• Start date
  • Replies 43 Comments
  • Views 1,622 Views
Yes MP3 song from Amazon. You may also want to download their Amazon Cloud Player. I have that one. It will hold all the MP3's you download and you can also play the ripped songs from the CD's. Also make playlists. You can download then all these songs to your phone, mp3 player or any device you want.

It's a good idea to get the Amazon Cloud Player because if lets say you computer crashes or it's stolen you can get your downloaded songs from the cloud player after you download it to your new computer. Cloud is the future!

isn't there aversion with a choir singing words no one can understand

Here is you an awesome song for her Scottish heritage. This isn't like the peppy New Year's version. I think it would be perfect as a send off. Below I will paste the original Burns' poem so you can see.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne*?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my jo,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely ye’ll be your pint-stowp!
and surely I’ll be mine!
And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We twa hae run about the braes,
and pu’d the gowans fine;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
sin auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We twa hae paidl’d i' the burn,
frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
sin auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere!
and gie's a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll tak a right gude-willy waught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS

here...have the English as well. I think its a perfect funeral song.

Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup!
and surely I’ll buy mine!
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine†;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend!
And give me a hand o’ thine!
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.

Nina...did you see the SATC movie? They play that same song at 1:33 ....always loved that scene and the song. Was first thing I thought of when I saw your post.
Never knew who did it. Starts at 1:33 but you already know the song I guess. lol. I think it is a good funeral choice also....although I can shed tears even watching the satc clip.

no, I haven't ever seen the movie. Did watch the series on tv though. Loved it. My favorite part of that clip was the doggy humping the pillow.

no, I haven't ever seen the movie. Did watch the series on tv though. Loved it. My favorite part of that clip was the doggy humping the pillow.
hahaha...I can't believe you didn't see the movie. The first one was excellent. The second one was horrible.

hmmm..Mr. Nina pissed me off this weekend. Perhaps I should make him watch both of them with me as punishment?

Seems like a respectable suggestion. She has already sent me a list of songs and I don't think she is looking for anything additional but I have made a mental note.

I made one attempt to download something yesterday. London Symphony Orchestra version of the Canon. It was not Amazon - I found a free download site. It all looked very established and respectable but as soon as I started it, alarms started going off. Trojan Horse warnings 'n shit.

Eeesh.

Are there free music download sites that anyone trusts? Not that I am a big cheapskate but it just seems simpler than making a long series of $0.98 credit card purchases or whatever.

hmmm..Mr. Nina pissed me off this weekend. Perhaps I should make him watch both of them with me as punishment?
He might actually like the first one. I would make him watch the second on twice!!

It is necessary, in carrying out this project, to compartmentalize my thinking. To focus on the small specific next step at hand, and be in willful denial about the greater meaning of things.

It is not always easy and not always successful.

I wonder if I would be called upon to give a eulogy at my mother's funeral. I would be a natural choice in a way - although maybe they just don't, as a rule, ask that of immediate relatives due to the higher likelihood of, you know, losin' it.

Funerals are something I don't know a whole lot about.

Got an email from my brother yesterday. All my siblings will be in town next week, and apparently we have a meeting scheduled with the funeral home to plan my mom's service. Nothing new prompted this, just being proactive. It's not like it's not something I think about daily, (her death not the service/burial,) and although it does not appear to be imminent, it was still weird to read/think about. I am not sure if I will attend. I would probably tear up or cry thru the entire meeting.

Also I know they will pressue me about getting my will done. I still don't know wth if I want to be buried or cremated. Funeral planning is very difficult for persons with indecisive tendencies.

IAG
I still don't know wth if I want to be buried or cremated. Funeral planning is very difficult for persons with indecisive tendencies.

Don't worry about it. It's the one decision that you are in no danger of regretting!

MrX
Don't worry about it. It's the one decision that you are in no danger of regretting!
Hahahaaha..excellent point!