• Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 1,661 Views

reno cool

Fuck You Mocha Joe
Since
Jan 29, 2010
Score
Tokens
Well done, I think. I liked the bear hiding back into the ground, the kid doing air flips, and the general mood and color. Must've been an amazing site live.

Also, they did a good job of addressing the death of lugger. Canadian talking heads do not scream of cliche and insincerity to me, the way their American counterparts do.

I thought this was one of the best opening ceremonies. Very well organized, choreographed and the light show/effects were awesome.

Not sure what to make of the Canadian Anthem. The girl who sang it had a very nice voice, but the version was just confusing.

Having Gretzky light the cauldron was awesome, but I would have preferred Betty Fox.

After spending all day denying that it was 99 "The Great One" who would light it that's what happened. I think I would have preferred a hologram of Terry Fox.

It was very well done. My wife loved the fact Canadians appreciate the native people whereas here in the US we slaughtered them down like animals. Her grandma is native.

I am as big a supporter of these games as there is, but I found the opening ceremonies lacking. Somewhat dull. Technical problems. I didn't like the draggy performance of O Canada. I hated the speech that chubby guy gave trying to define Canadians. I cringed when he got to the part about how, yes, we say zed. Take that Americans! :iconrolleyes:

I liked Sarah McLachlan. Wayne Gretzky can do no wrong in my book. There were some lovely visual elements.

I liked the fiddlers but was confused at how fiddling and tap-dancing were presented as some major part of what Canada is all about. But at least it was a rare infusion of energy into the proceedings.

In summary: it needed Stompin' Tom.

Watched a bit before going to bed. All I could think of..when they did the tribute to their French Canadian constituent was "Man, Puckoff's head is probably exploding right now!"

I liked the Killer Whales too.

I tivo'd and am watching now. If the announcers didn't explain what was going on, I would have no idea.

It was very well done. My wife loved the fact Canadians appreciate the native people whereas here in the US we slaughtered them down like animals. Her grandma is native.

:laugh:

I tivo'd and am watching now. If the announcers didn't explain what was going on, I would have no idea.

They had it on in the bar I was at last night, without sound, I had no fucking clue what was going on. Maybe thats why I thought it sucked.

LOL at the canucks messing up the torch lighting ceremony. Only 3 tiers came out of the ground. I guess some hosers forgot to check the hydraulics on the 4th one. That would never happen in the states. :iconrolleyes:

My channel only showed the first hour. :banghead:

It was the most watched TV show in Canadian history. Apparently 23 million Canadians watched. (The population of the country is 33 million).

It was the most watched TV show in Canadian history. Apparently 23 million Canadians watched. (The population of the country is 33 million).

I would be scared to meet the majority of those 10 mill. that didn't watch. Prob. all back-wood canadian hicks that don't have TV or aren't aware that the olympics are being held in their own country.

I liked the guy flying the air, tumbling around, touching the ground.etc. I was not aware that Canada was full of tattooed, fiddln' rednecks but coolness! No opening ceremony has ever held my full attention and this year was no exception. And under doctor's advisement, I do not watch the closing ceremonies ever since Al Gore danced in Atlanta. *shivers*

Watched a bit before going to bed. All I could think of..when they did the tribute to their French Canadian constituent was "Man, Puckoff's head is probably exploding right now!"

I liked the Killer Whales too.

Bread,

When that frenchie singer came out towards the end I was like a raging bull ready to attack. This is what pisses Canadians off. The french always need to be involved or have their voice heard.

Oh man I am starting to like Angry Pucky more and more....