Oksaaaaaaaay! - Thunder Bay Winter Wonderland

• Start date
  • Replies 83 Comments
  • Views 7,930 Views
Bloody hell that's nuts!!!

Apparently a lot of wildlife were trying to make their way into my house. Bite marks on the back deck, claw marks on a couple of the back doors. And somehow something got a bit up the wraparound patio on the second floor because there are long claw marks on the wood slat/poles. You'd think that considering how busy the Harbour Expressway is these days considering when my parents first built in the late '70s that the bears and other randoms would've ventured closer to the Nor'Wester by now but they still hang out there for some reason. So strange.

Thanks for this Plommy!! xo

Isle Royale wolfs are about to go extinct, only 8 left. Not reproducing.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/05/silent-summer-no-wolf-pup-yips-heard-on-isle-royale/

8236456484_4b4fd55691_z.jpg

Quite a few of my childhood buddies are fuckups like myself, we keep in touch to compare notes every few years. lol

My dad immigrated to Canada from Italy in the 50's, he was 16 when he arrived, Toronto has been his home for most of his life. My mother and her mother were born in Toronto, as was I. All my relatives on my mothers side were born in died in the Toronto area. My ties to the city are strong, it will always be home for me, whether I live there or not. I know how Oksy feels about her hometown.

Wow, how did I know I would be leaving Toronto a year before I packed up for Windsor?

Are you still in Windsor?
Yeah, I don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. My rent is dirt cheap, approx $345 US ($459 CAD) monthly and I moved into a city owned "seniors" residence as a 48 yr old in 2015 when Windsor was completely dead. It was because Windsor had such a high vacancy rate that I was allowed to move in to a building reserved for people aged 50 and up as a 48 yr old.

Now in 2019 rentals are not easy to find because there has been a huge influx of foreign students from India and people from Toronto looking for bargain real estate. Home prices have increased by like 25% in the last year and the Windsor housing market is hot.

The building I live in was very easy to get into up until last year when they changed the requirements to 55+ years old minimum and rent is $600 CAD $450USD for new renters. I'm under the old program so I can stay and keep my rental rate locked in.