• Views 8,001 Views
i had to stop this 23 seconds in

already bawling

i want to go home

he's flipping pancakes constantly

and nip-i-gone

awww i shouldn't watch this

you sure doooooooo

f'n Canadian accent... i'll just talk to myself the whole time in here whilst i should be working. i think everyone will understand. this is like watching a heartbreaking valentine's video for me

i had to stop this 23 seconds in

already bawling

i want to go home
:canada:

I know what you mean (as only a fellow Canuck can) pal.

Will be in TBay for at least a day on a stopover as I make my way back to Sask.

I'm gonna take some pics and post here.

who is this person? i don't even know who i'm watching

but that sauna is the same thing we have at my cottage back home except my dad built a tunnel thing above ground so if you're wimpy, you can run from the sauna to the snow under cover

oh jesus i should never watch this

that automotive teacher they're talking to at one point was a patient of my mom's and i'm friends with his daughter joyce

mr moir... bloody crazy i'm watching him on a gambling site from australia when last time i saw him was at my mom's funeral

When I was in high school in Wisconsin, we'd drive out in the middle of the lake, build a huge bonfire on the ice, and get shitfaced.

Great times. Safe from cops too.

Apparently, they couldn't even drive on the ice for sturgeon spearing this year though. Crazy. Global warming ain't a joke.

that automotive teacher they're talking to at one point was a patient of my mom's and i'm friends with his daughter joyce

mr moir... bloody crazy i'm watching him on a gambling site from australia when last time i saw him was at my mom's funeral

Wow. Small world. (or town? LOL.)

who is this person? i don't even know who i'm watching

but that sauna is the same thing we have at my cottage back home except my dad built a tunnel thing above ground so if you're wimpy, you can run from the sauna to the snow under cover

oh jesus i should never watch this

Rick Mercer!

He's a comedian from Newfoundland that ended up with his own show on CBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mercer

Oksy, how many times did you watch those videos, pal?

PS: You speak like a fukkin Aussie!

Rick Mercer!

He's a comedian from Newfoundland that ended up with his own show on CBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mercer

Oksy, how many times did you watch those videos, pal?

PS: You speak like a fukkin Aussie!

i only just made it through them all once for the first time

very hard for me to see this

i left properly in 2000... i had to go back in 2001 when my mom died

i've been back only once since and it was to pick people up to gtfo.... very hard for me to be there

that entire town was my life, everything until i was 25. everytime i moved away... to kingston to finish my mba, calgary and vernon for army, etc... i always went back to tbay. and then i finally left to go to florida. but now i don't even sound canadian any more... uncle and aunt died in the past 6mths and it's just like it's all going on me. if you talk to me, my voice is all fucked up. no one even knows i'm canadian anymore. they think i'm british or maybe american. all i've got now is just bricks of places i guess i own but it's not the same. that's why everyone visits me in other places. and why i always say you're welcome to my places back home because it's all just lost now. i could never live there again. but someone should.

Wonder what expressions she'll pick up in CR....

I dunno aboot that but I do know the flight from CR back home is only a few hours (including connecting flight to YQT from YYZ).

Oksy, I have no ties to Thunder Bay, it's just been a place I grew to love from stopping over on my way back and forth across Canada starting back in 1989.

Didn't mean to traumatize you with the vids, they gave me goosebumps.

i only just made it through them all once for the first time

very hard for me to see this

i left properly in 2000... i had to go back in 2001 when my mom died

i've been back only once since and it was to pick people up to gtfo.... very hard for me to be there

that entire town was my life, everything until i was 25. everytime i moved away... to kingston to finish my mba, calgary and vernon for army, etc... i always went back to tbay. and then i finally left to go to florida. but now i don't even sound canadian any more... uncle and aunt died in the past 6mths and it's just like it's all going on me. if you talk to me, my voice is all fucked up. no one even knows i'm canadian anymore. they think i'm british or maybe american. all i've got now is just bricks of places i guess i own but it's not the same. that's why everyone visits me in other places. and why i always say you're welcome to my places back home because it's all just lost now. i could never live there again. but someone should.

It's the same for me and my home town.

nah sweetpea, you didn't traumatise me at all... i'm just really proud of where i came from and sometimes you need a reminder. i've lived in so many places since then but i'm from thunder bay. my voice is fucked, my son will live in 60 places before there but that place will always be me. every time you go through there, think of oksy because i promise somehow i've been where you are. such a shithole but it's my shithole. fuck that place is trying to draw me back but i sadly can't do it again.

big change though - i used to giggle at those who'd never leave. now i understand why they didnt. guess i'm getting old.