NHL 2018/19 - season of the Maple Leaf

• Start date
  • Replies 262 Comments
  • Views 19,353 Views
He gonna show up. They keep reshuffling these pricks. How did lardass show up in Edmonton? And why Trotts leave Washington for ny? Btw islanders are good.

Remember the Las Vegas Golden Knights? Remember those guise?

Cuz the Leafs are playing them RIGHT NOW.

He gonna show up. They keep reshuffling these pricks. How did lardass show up in Edmonton? And why Trotts leave Washington for ny? Btw islanders are good.

Who gonna show up?

Carlyle?

He’s dunzo.

Will never work in this league again.

Leafs playing the Yotes tonight. Up against the Yotes.

I don't really care about the Phoenix team - well, I mean I do - I hope the Leafs can continue their successful road trip which has had a number of encouraging signs such as the power play coming around. Plus the Bruins just won't go away so it would be good to keep winning.

Main thing though: I just like to say Yotes.

USA HOCKEY FACT OF THE DAY:

There is no longer a Phoenix Team.

There is an Arizona Coyotes.

Their arena is In Glendale, AZ.

:usa:

There would actually be something to be said for the Leafs finishing out of the top three in their division - but still as a wildcard - and ending up playing the Islanders in the first round - and then continuing on against that division rather than, presumably, the Lightning.

Of course that is chock full of assumptions about standings not changing and the Islanders not being as dangerous as their current position suggests.

It's actually very stupid to even consider shit like that.

But yeah. maybe that!

:freak:

Another really amazing idea I have picked up from sports talk radio: the Leafs should trade for some really good players - while giving up almost nothing - and pay them very, very little.

:freak:

This fokken division the Leafs are in tho.

Leafs go 7-2-1 for their last 10. That seems good. Only problem: TBL and BOS have both gone 8-0-2

. . . aaaaand, just to top it off, tonight the Leafs get STL who have gone 10-0-0.

:fok:

Simmer GONE and of course it's to the Preds where that LEGENDARY coach we gave up on kicks ass every year.

Kick some ass fellas.

Will be rooting for NASHVILLE to take it down this year.

Watch them actually do it too.

So what would you take for the Stanley Cup this year?

Tampa Bay Lightning or the field?

Very good question, Muddster.

They are +225 to win it right now so if that's how you feel that looks like a +ev bet for you.

You know what's pretty?

Pittsburgh Penguins +1600.

Lightning will steamroll their way to the Cup finals. I would probably bet them at +225 right now.

Yeah the way I worded the question - like it is a 50/50 choice - basically +100 either way - I would have to take the field.

TBL +225 is a tougher call.

The President's Cup winner doesn't usually win the big one - but I don't recall a case in recent memory where a team has separated itself from the pack this much. Obviously they have the most points but when you start breaking it down it gets even more mind-boggling. TBL is first in the league in both PP and PK. Insane.

Their longest losing streak of the season : 2 games.

So someone is going to beat them 4 times in 7 games?

:dunno: