New Music Project For 2015

• Start date
  • Replies 73 Comments
  • Views 3,655 Views
The chorus of the song, where vocals or the hook would be. Gotta arrange it and call each piece something.

The middle and end if you don't like chorus.

And yeah, macs are ideal for production.

You'd think Mudcat..a an advertised musician here at GL would respectfully give you some of the feedback you requested...positive or negative...as he has asked others to do for him...

But no.

What can I say...leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

Probably doesn't like it and chose not to say so, I respect that

Anyone who thinks it sucks though, let me know why so I can try and make it better

my honest input.....This new production you're onto.......I like it way more than the earlier stuff you posted.

But writing memorable vocal melodies ---------> way more difficult than creating instrumental tracks.

I will be all ears when you add vocals.

Cool thanks. Yeah it's on the "agenda" just trying to come up with a style that makes sense.

Will be a difficult transition for sure.

Havnt listened yet...really like the Actor though..should remaster that track.

You'd think Mudcat..a an advertised musician here at GL would respectfully give you some of the feedback you requested...positive or negative...as he has asked others to do for him...

But no.

What can I say...leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

That's ok, he blew off my review so why ask?

I like! Reminds me of a cross between Depeche Mode (Blasphemous Rumor ) and Bowie. :pope::pope::pope:

Damn, was not expecting a Bowie comparison. Oddly enough I tried to do the verse in a faux English accent. It became apparent after about 15 seconds that it was a real bad idea.

I'm not to Bowie status quite yet but thanks for the props, good to keep the creative juices flowing. This track took me around 8 hours, which is not bad compared to the other songs.

I think the vocals are drowned-out too much on this track. I'll give it another listen tomorrow.

Could be, maybe just needs to be remixed. Let me know FW.

I find that it depends on what I am listening to it on. If I listen through my laptop or on my phone everything sounds like garbage. Through head phones, on good system, should be better.

Do you record on the Zoom and then move things over to the computer to mix?

Only certain things get recorded on the zoom.

Right now 90% is recorded through my controller (sort of a digital piano that you can do a bazillion things with) into my mac.

I master the track via Landr, an online mastering service.

Figuring out and writing the different parts isn't the hard part, it's making them sound good together.

I need a high quality microphone. I have a Shure which is a decent live mic, but it's time to upgrade.