Need Help.....Ebay/GiftCard/Scams..

• Start date
  • Replies 51 Comments
  • Views 2,711 Views
Amazon sells a billion things, even battery chargers. Why would you sell the card on ebay?

Amazon sells a billion things, even battery chargers. Why would you sell the card on ebay?
I don't know...because I had 3 of them and no immediate need for anything.

no I didn't call the cops on Brock. I just had fun making him think I did.

And I don't hate it. Don't like him though.

Were you a buyer or seller?

Buyers have protection and are much more likely to be reimbursed by paypal, sellers get fucked 99.99999% of the time in a dispute.

IAG, you should be very skeptical of the "a virus on my computer did it" excuse. If you are not already.

There are fuckheads on both sides of the ebay counter. On 12/28 i bought a magazine for 9.99, free s/h. I was the only bidder and it was a decent price. I paypalled the money right away. I noticed the next day it said that funds were pending. I thought i sent it under a echeck or something by accident and figured it would be cleared up. On Jan 3 I noticed it was still pending so I sent him a message asking if it was on his or my end. I just used it the day before with no problems. He gets back to me 2 days later saying it was on his end and he was on the phone with paypal for a few hours, claiming he had the problem before. He told me to cancel the transaction and I can rebid on it!!! Why would I want to do that, I won it. He relisted the item right away, so I used my esnipe program and won it in a 3-day auction on Wednesday , paid right away. He took the funds and hasn't replied in 3 days.

The feedback system is a joke here because it protects the deadbeat. He had 100% feedback. If i leave him negative feedback, he will do the same for me. What are my options here?

Well, in an unexpected turn of events Amazon has credited me $50.00. I am still not sure why THEY are doing it, but they have. I told the rep that I may still be paid thru paypal but she did not seem to be concerned that I may get paid twice.

And I won my Nebraska ncaab game by 1 point. 2014 may be turning around. I sure hope so.

IAG
Well, in an unexpected turn of events Amazon has credited me $50.00. I am still not sure why THEY are doing it, but they have.

Because amazon is fucking awesome.

MrX
Because amazon is fucking awesome.
Yes. Yes they are. Pretty incompetent over all on the CSR end, but I got one girl who really went the extra mile.

IAG
Yes. Yes they are. Pretty incompetent over all on the CSR end, but I got one girl who really went the extra mile.

Interesting. Amazon is so fucking awesome that I've never even been close to needing to reach customer service, so I can't speak to that aspect.

I really appreciate competence, and from what I've seen, amazon might be the most competent giant company on the planet.

MrX
Interesting. Amazon is so fucking awesome that I've never even been close to needing to reach customer service, so I can't speak to that aspect.

Well if you ever sell an Amazon gift card on ebay and have someone pay and then reverse payment claiming the card has already been used, at least you know they will take care of you. I'm really not sure this girl was supposed to do that but I certainly appreciated it.

Update..just got this from ebay....so the seller with the good feedback is innocent it looks like.

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from ***** through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time ? this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at [email protected] for review.

I won the dispute with Paypal AND Amazon gave me $50. Woot. Not worth my time, but still glad for a happy ending and net $50 gain.

I think 2014 turns around today.