• Views 2,682 Views

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
You will have to pay attention.

Bought an Amazon Gift card before Christmas that I did not use. I put up for sale on Ebay. It sells to person with 435 positive feedbacks.

Seller contacted me and asked me to send the claim code. I scratched it off and sent it via email. This was last night.

This morning seller emails me and says the code doesn't work. I double check and the G is really a Q. I apologize and send the corrected code back to him.

Come home to email saying that Amazon telling him/her that it is a used card and he/she has filed a dispute with paypal/ebay.

I call Amazon, the card was used (all but $7) last night about 11 pm Pacific time which is after I sent him the claim code, but before I sent the corrected one.

WTF is going on here???? I think he/ she could call Amazon with all the card info and if one digit was wrong they would give it to him, but I am not sure if it is buyer or someone else.. I did post a picture of the back of the card on ebay with the magnetic strip deal still on it.

This bullshit has used up 2 hours of my day that I really needed. Any thoughts on what happened here? I have no idea if buyer is an injured party, but I sure know I am about to be. THE FOK! Even though I don't know this person and it is cyberworld, I still feel the need to prove my innocence to someone who may or may not be innocent themself.

You got beat. What likely happened is the person used the card and claimed it was already used.

You cannot prove otherwise.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Gift cards are an easy target for ebay scammers, paypal/ebay will side with the buyer 99.9% of the time in a dispute.

Ebay and paypal are evil and have been on plommers shit list since 2010.

You can't prove he is the one that used it. You got scammed.

IAG in the future try selling gift cards on kijiji to local buyers only, I know you're in a small market and it may take a while to sell but it sure beats getting ripped off by professional ebay scammers.

When I sold gift cards I would only deal locally and would meet at the store so the buyer could verify the balance at the cashier. (Best Buy/Staples etc.) That was in Toronto where I'd usually sell in a day or two using craigslist or kijiji.

Ebay is fucking garbage nowadays. Paypal even worse.

I beat them (paypal) for $5k a few years ago. fuck 'em.

Relax, no person lost money due to my shenanigans, just paypal.

So you think he could use it with the wrong number though? That's what I don't get. I was off a digit on the number when I sent it to him or her.

This person has 435 feedbacks...all good....and I skiptraced them down and look like reputable people and all. Their dispute they filed says the transaction itself was unauthorized. I don't get it.

Is it possible that THEIR ebay got hacked and it was bid on w/o their knowledge and then someone got the code in the ebay email system? There still is the matter of it being one digit off...but maybe if you had the card # and read it to them and it was one digit off they would give it to you? Whoever used it, used it shortly after I sent the code.

I called Amazon and they almost acted like THEY would reimburse me which is weird. They are calling me back no later than Sunday.

Is it possible that their ebay got hacked and someone bid on it and got into their email?

This is really terrible and I'm sorry that it happened to you.

The same company.

Yeah I know but they pretend to be separate.

IAG
So you think he could use it with the wrong number though? That's what I don't get. I was off a digit on the number when I sent it to him or her.
Scammers have seen the cards and could figure that a digit was incorrect and guess the G was a Q etc.

IAG
Is it possible that their ebay got hacked and someone bid on it and got into their email?
Possible, yes.

Pro's make it look good.

IAG
You will have to pay attention.

Sorry my dear but didn't read your Wally-like-post but from the replies back to you, the above seems to be what you might have done or asked for help beforehand! Now go to the mirror and repeat both 10 times! If I was there, I would excitedly give you the Shanty punishment!

spanking_photo2.jpg

GL's #1 Commandment is "pay attention!"
GL's #2 Commandment is "ask for help!"

I could be wrong! :dunno:

Thank you everybody but Mr. Monkey. Lol. I have sold giftcards on there before with no problem...and with a 435 %100 positive feedback rating felt pretty comfortable but I get what you are saying...shit. I have 2 more also but will probably just keep them and use them for things.

It will be interesting to see what Amazon does.

The kicker is I left the guy excellent feedback cuz I got paid right away (which is now in dispute with paypal)

Thank you Plommer especially. You have been very helpful as of late.

hahahaha I just looked at that. Whose face is that?

Just got this message after sending a message to buyer telling him it appears the fraud is on his end and will be contacting paypal, ebay, and Amazon.

'I think, my computer has been infected by a virus so there is someone who has stolen your card.
OK, it's all my fault, so this case has been completed and I'm not going to sue for the money back. Thanks."

If his ebay has been hacked it's probably the thief sending the message maybe to get me to call off the dogs? This is all so strange.

IAG I do still feel bad about your loss but this is one of the most amazing pictures I have ever seen.

Yes it is and my guess it was the DoughBoy's creation! If not, my apologies to whoever!