• Replies 39 Comments
  • Views 3,954 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I find that sometimes in life there are great golden moments that go unrecognized until they are long gone and we are looking back in retrospect.

I remember a job I had once that had the greatest bunch of people and we laughed and had fun (during and after work) and we were smart and good workers and were a kick-ass company. It seemed like it would last forever. But then shit happens and circumstances change and people come and go for different reasons and one day you realize it's not as much fun any more. And then later you maybe even realize you fucking hate it. And you think about how you really need to appreciate those golden times when you are living them.

Maybe it's just the extreme dosage of coffee talking, but for me Gamelive is in a golden time right now and I want to appreciate it. I get so much concentrated enjoyment out of the forum. Unlike SBR where I have lived for the last 4.5 years, I feel like almost every regular here is funny and interesting. Laughs and intrigue are not like a needle in a haystack. I expect them in almost every thread and I am seldom disappointed.

Towards the end of my time at SBR, I could often hunt around for 20 minutes looking for a thread I cared enough about to comment on - and I'd come away empty. I am a guy who really likes to avoid work sometimes and it was like, Please SBRforum, give me something. Anything.

But no - just a vast sea of low-IQ spammish nothingness. Bad info, distasteful dysfunction and neuroses on display, hate. Not meaning to just pick on SBR. I have spent time at Covers, theRX, EOG. Same rules apply.

Here, I am interested in most threads and my problem is the opposite. I have to drag myself away in order to get work done.

I realize not everyone feels the same way. Some people feel this forum lacks something. To my constant amazement, people actually do find the journeymen/jjgolds of the world interesting. We don't have that. I don't share the general interest that people have in seeing other people's picks but it is a legit hobby and there is more of that going on other places. We don't have the same level of bickering and drama that many people treasure.

I imagine it is only a matter of time for that stuff. Someday - perhaps soon - there will be dweebs trotting out their needy shtick here and RogueJuror will be getting accused by spoiled 19 year-olds of some damn conspiracy and shills will be insulting the intelligence.

So I just want to take a moment to appreciate what I have right now. Stay gold, ponyboy.

Stay gold.

Maybe it's just the extreme dosage of coffee talking, but for me Gamelive is in a golden time right now and I want to appreciate it. I get so much concentrated enjoyment out of the forum. Unlike SBR where I have lived for the last 4.5 years, I feel like almost every regular here is funny and interesting. Laughs and intrigue are not like a needle in a haystack. I expect them in almost every thread and I am seldom disappointed.

Come on Muddy...drop some names. Who is the exception? :popcorn:

Aw ya big mush ya! It is indeed a good group that we have here. Goog say!:handshake:

muddy you're in the lead for poster of the month

but you need 15 more strong days

:popcorn:

I completely agree.

I am a guy who really likes to avoid work sometimes and it was like, Please SBRforum, give me something. Anything.

Can't tell you how much I relate to that.

I agree with you Muddy. And I think the main thing that is making this $25 forum click is the respect that is shown all the way from the top to the bottom. Juror and the gaymelive crew doesn't treat us like we are stupid. Even if we don't agree with someone on a point, we all act like adults who know its ok to disagree with friends. I hope it keeps growing.

Come on Muddy...drop some names. Who is the exception? :popcorn:

Oh no, you are reading too much into my comments. I wasn't implying that.

*ahemcoughbetplomcough*

Everyone knows I made my bones complaining about most things at S-faggot-R, but I couldn't agree more with Muddy on just how much enjoyment I get at GL. I'm truly grateful to him as well for taking the time to memorialize something that I'm sure most of us were already aware of but maybe didn't treasure as much as we could. This place is like the perfect storm of forums, with Juror at the helm and one of the most diverse and talented cadre of posters I imagine I'll ever see. You guys contribute more to my life with your words than any other single influence I have, and I love you with all my heart for it.

Of course the goofy thing is I am actively trying to help the forum grow. I am making more effort to start topics than I have in a long time (hopefully not being annoying about it). In my mind it is like a hobby project to help in some small way to generate activity and see what can be built.

That is kind of dumb considering the premise of the thread. True though.

Dont want to sound too much like Pavy but we could do with a little bit more in the way of sports/betting chat, but aside from that I agree with Muddy. I like the relative intimacy of the group/ threads.

Dont want to sound too much like Pavy but we could do with a little bit more in the way of sports/betting chat, but aside from that I agree with Muddy. I like the relative intimacy of the group/ threads.

LAL/SAC Under 207

Oh no, you are reading too much into my comments. I wasn't implying that.

*ahemcoughbetplomcough*

Mudcunt:

If I am not funny, please tell me so.

I want to improve my comedic lack of talent.

I followed Bread here. Posted with some of you at Peeps. Love it here. Think the people that post here are great as well. I have always held Mudcat in the highest regard (except for the yellow teeth and the fact that he will die alone) and agree with his sentiments to a T.

Mudcunt:

If I am not funny, please tell me so.

I want to improve my comedic lack of talent.

Oh go on with ya. I'm just yanking your chain. I love you like a brother, ya big galoot!

Come here, gimme a kiss!!!

:freak:

Oh go on with ya. I'm just yanking your chain. I love you like a brother, ya big galoot!

Come here, gimme a kiss!!!

:freak:

I know you are you silly cunt.

I'll kiss you this weekend if you like, I'll be near Lakeshore and Dixie.