my job is sending me to reno

• Start date
  • Replies 32 Comments
  • Views 2,256 Views
when i was traveling the irs only required it on expenses over $75 but theres obviously incentive for the company to always require them.

i used to always lose the 'detailed' receipt

choo did you used to travel a lot?

every week for a few years

choo which airline is your favorite and why?

Would also like to know your favorite airport.

Doing massive reports on an airline and airport.

when i was traveling the irs only required it on expenses over $75 but theres obviously incentive for the company to always require them.

i used to always lose the 'detailed' receipt

Yeah. During a couple of summers in college, I was doing computer outsourcing which required me to travel all over the country. Never had a company that didn't require an expense report and reciepts.

i always flew southwest so cant really speak for the others but i like their boarding process, flight attendants on the same flights every week (no clue if this was country-wide practice or if they still do) and liked their free drink tickets they used to always send me.

their unwillingness(inability?) to adopt wifi on the majority of their planes has been annoying

i really havent been to that many airports

The best airline that I flew was Midwest. All business class seating with free meals and typically the flights weren't ever full. You could go in the back of the plane and sprawl out across a row of seats and sleep.

I guess maybe that's why they went out of business.

The worst airport has to be Denver because it's 897 miles outside of the city. No fuckin clue why they would build an airport that far out. Second place goes to LaGuardia not because of its location, but because there are 233982 scamming limo drivers outside trying to hustle you.

I really like O'Hare. Just because if I have a layover or need something to eat, there's a great selection. You could live in that place.

southwest is one of the 3 airliners with phenomenal reviews by it's customers.

airline ratings...

4 stars: Virgin America, Southwest, JetBlue
3.5 stars: Hawaiian, Alaska, Frontier, Horizon
2.5 stars: AirTran, Allegiant
2 stars: Major carriers (United, Delta, American, US Airways)
1.5 stars: Spirit

airport ratings (where potato has flown)...

1. Santa Barbara
2. Oakland
3. Orlando
4. Detroit
5. Las Vegas
6. Reno
7. Chicago O'Hare
8. Phoenix
9. Salt Lake City
10. Los Angeles

fll is always nice, never packed, almost always cheaper flights, in and out quick

its less than 30 minutes to downtown denver from the airport

If there's no highway traffic...

That's a LONG drive to a city's airport. I don't know of any other major city's airport that is out in the sticks like that. Maybe Cincinnati comes somewhat close.

The long term Vegas plan is to build a new airport in the Ivanpah Valley, about 33 miles south of the strip. Would be used as a transfer and international terminal, moving Southwest (75% of their flights to LAS are connectors, at least 40% of our market), Spirit (see: Southwest but a significantly lesser market), and international carriers (WestJet, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, etc.) to Ivanpah. Besides McCarran almost being at capacity, the European carriers want to start flying A380's in here.

Was suppose to be built by 2017, then the economy tanked. Environmentalists + noise complaints from residents are the main reasons why so many new airports haven't been built / are being built in rural areas outside of major cities. Hence why Denver is the only major airport that has recently been built. Ivanpah was held off also because they found thousands of endangered turtles in the purchased land. Stupid FAA rule that says you cannot damage the current ecosystem when building the airport.

Potato hopes Ivanpah never gets built, and that it's a mystery just like "Will Vegas ever get an arena". McCarran is a dump in 3 of it's 5 terminals, but it's incredibly convenient. Would rather see them makeover the current airport with the money they have. Don't want to have to drive 10 minutes, get on a train for 30 minutes, then wait anywhere between 2 hours to 45 minutes for my flight to leave.

Yeah I was gonna say, I've been there multiple times and didn't think it was that bad. I've seen way worse.

Pittsburgh airport for example is completely in the middle of nowhere.

Virgin America and Southwest in the same category is comical.

Virgin America in every seat has WIFI, personal TVs, AC adapters, USB chargers, ethernet ports, an extra 3 inches on seat width, and has food available for purchase.

Southwest gives you peanuts (literally).