Muddy which is the most important vegetable in your life right now?

• Start date
  • Replies 32 Comments
  • Views 1,893 Views

roguejuror

rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm all over boniato currently.

PS. @MrX it's from the sweet potato family but not the orange abomination they sell to you people in American supermarkets.

bNYVsT5.jpg

It's white in the inside and not orange. It's what we Cubans eat as sweet potato.

I couldn't sleep some nights thinking why does MrX hate on the sweet potatoes when the boniato is so nice. But what they sell to yall is some breed frankensteined in the 80s for a longer "shelf-life" and "disease resistance". Fuck that one. I feel about that one like Tony Montana felt about Omar when he told Soza "That piece of shit up there, I never liked him, I never trusted him. For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed."

I implore you MrX, give boniato a chance. A true Caribbean sweet potato.

Q19osfW.png

I'd love to.

Now how do I get a hold of one of these?

Who me?

As we rapidly approach my 57th birthday, I remain the dopey 9 year-old kid who won't eat anything.

Especially vegetables.

Okay so I know I need veggies so there are a few I can do. I have onion with about 5 dinners a week. I eat lettuce - mainly just leaves of romaine stacked on a plate with a stick of cheddar on the side. The occasional dill pickle. I always have a tub of oil-and-vinegar cole slaw in the fridge and I'll have that as a side a couple times a week.

I don't mind corn but I never have it here. There is always corn at family dinners at my sisters place. I eat it.

I like potatoes but I generally don't have actual potatoes here. I have some fries and chips around. I LOVE those and could have them with every meal but I have to limit them.

Not sweet potatoes.

And then there is the age-old-question, is tomato a fruit or a vegetable? I have tomato with prolly 4 dinners a week.

A lot of onion/tomato on-the-sides here.

I guess the answer to the question is onion. I'll keep an eye open for boniatos.

It was a joke Matty. Cuban restaurants outnumber other ethnic ones by about 5 to 1 in Miami, remember we went to one? Boniatos are more important to Cubans than tostones or maduros as a side dish.

Aaaah yes. I always think of you and that meal when I see or eat plantain. 😍 That was a tasty simple meal. 👌

Been eating plates like this for dinner, also started up the P90X again. Time to get back in shape. Agree on the red/purple carrots. Add a good hummus and you're set.

Attachments

• 20200617_183121.jpg
    20200617_183121.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 158
I be doing the white onions, the yellowy one not so down with

I get sweet onions which I guess would be yellowy ones. Big honkin' yellowy onions.

It's not like I just chow down on them though. I chop off a chunk at a time. One of those onions lasts a good week or more.

But it's something. I feel like we need veggies for health but there are so many veggies I just can't/won't do.

I fuckin' love shallot

I would put it in everything

I mix it in my homemade burger patties

shallot-silo.jpg

Aaaah yes. I always think of you and that meal when I see or eat plantain. 😍 That was a tasty simple meal. 👌
Long time ago in Toronto when I had an Ecuadorian girlfriend she made me plantain and explained it was a delicacy back home.
I ate it, but was like "meh" whatever. That was a mistake.

I then made an even bigger mistake. I took her to see a movie (Kill Bill: Vol. 1) and she gave me nothing but grief afterwards leaving the theatre - she hated the movie and all the violence.

I think I ate her pussy that night and she couldn't come. She was still pissed.