Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,090 Views
That was impressively cunty.

-Some member of the royal family on The Crown

:10:

I have found The Crown to be a top-notch show through all the seasons so far. (Apparently there will be at least two more after the current one.)

I'll say this. Prince Charles was a pretty sympathetic character through season 3 but now, a few episodes into season 4, with the Diana situation leading up to and including the wedding ---> what a dickhole.

I just rented the Zappa documentary on YouTube, the trailer looks quite promising. #excited

Yes. It was fantastic, but I've been a fan since I was 15. The wife did not warm up to his music one bit although she found the movie interesting.

They interviewed tons of world class musicians, including virtuosos Ruth & Ian Underwood who played with him for so long.

His last concert with the Modern Ensemble was epic, and the footage is super emotional (his cancer was terminal at that stage.)

9.6 Matty Rains for Zappa

I wish there had been recent interviews with his kids but I think they were still feuding over the estate when that was made.

I saw that but was confused when he/they said his/thier pronouns were "he/they". Does that mean he/they prefer anything BUT she/her/hers?

If Elliott’s wife goes the transgender route as well, shit will get really confusing

New Verizon 5g national commercial that just ran during the nfl game features Main Street in my town. I had to do a double take. :00-:01

Last edited:
Using this paternity leave to BLAST through Yellowstone

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I watched Tenet. Christopher Nolan has gone too far. What a pile of humorless, eye-rolly, mumbo jumbo.

:thumbsdown:

Also, as an aside - and this goes back before Tenet - I keep looking for some sign of Denzel Washington in his son John David Washington.

I have yet to see it. The son is nowhere near the actor his dad was/is - which is not a huge criticism - few people are. But I just never see any expression or gesture that makes me think, oh yeah, there it is.

Never.

I watched The Founder. It's about McDonalds. How the guy who spread the franchise was an asshole and screwed the original inventors.
Pretty fun to watch. Main character played by Michael Keaton. You root for him most of the way and end up regretting it. Feels true to life :grin: