Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 934,392 Views
I watched The Founder. It's about McDonalds. How the guy who spread the franchise was an asshole and screwed the original inventors.
Pretty fun to watch. Main character played by Michael Keaton. You root for him most of the way and end up regretting it. Feels true to life :grin:
Decent film

First Season of Marvel: Agents of Shield

Pretty addicting. The production values alone are worth watching the show for. Silver screen material with a big-screen explosion budget. I like the integrated story theory with the Marvel universe though I have yet to see how they execute it. Gonna watch the corollary movies sometime before turning to season 2. The story is good, i mean it's pretty much pre-written with the comics that came out decades ago. One major problem is the acting, it's pretty terrible. Sometime I think, "meh, it's comic book campiness." But part of me really knows it's just bad acting. Asian lady is ok actress. Anytime it's turning me off they save themselves with a cool explosion so NBD.

7/10

Blitzed through this over the last month or so. It's a lot of content. It got really bad and there's a bunch of alt reality and time travel shit that really dragged it down. I did NOT watch all the Marvel films and other cinematic universe tie ins.

6/10 for the whole thing. Maybe seasons 1-4 or something are bingable.

Shameless season premiere starting RIGHT NOW

Shameless season premiere starting RIGHT NOW

wait there is another season?

I thought they ended after one season of no emmy rossum?

I didn't finish the last last season I guess. so I'l go back and watch that now..

Yeah man this is season 11. It was better with her but it's still solid.

I’m waiting until I can binge watch the entire season.

Excellent show that has shown a bit of wear IMO.

Yeah this is the last season. Rossum might make a guest appearance at some point.

Buzzed through 3 seasons of Yellowstone in 4 days. Might be a new binge record.

Few wacky plot lines, but fun to watch. Montana looks dope AF.

They lure you in with some Grade A boobage in first episode. Then take it away rest of series lol

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead is an excellent tragedy of a suspense flick. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is outstanding. RIP Phil.

8.0 Steviestars

Buzzed through 3 seasons of Yellowstone in 4 days. Might be a new binge record.

Few wacky plot lines, but fun to watch. Montana looks dope AF.
Great show. Montana is an awesome state. Enjoyed all my visits there.

You're the Worst - Wife is watching that, I'm not really paying attention but just enough to notice the sub-par acting and the horribly self-centered characters. I occasionally snort-LOL at snarky one-liners.

It sounds like something I'd come up with if I were to magically be tasked with writing a TV series. Not necessarily in a good way.

6.3 Preliminary Matty Rains out of a possible 10

Murder on Middle Beach

HBO 4 part documentary.

we watched the first 3 episodes last night. Will finish the 90 minute Finale tonight

Connecticut Mom is murdered in 2010. The son, who is in school for film making, starts a documentary process of investigating the unsolved murder. Everyone in the Family is pretty much a suspect as we go along, there was all sorts of buried shadiness, Crime, drug and alcohol abuse, mental illness in the family.

You're The Worst is getting funnier. You should try it if you haven't.

Watching Baskets, just finished Brockmire. Both worth a go in the age of watch anything.

I have an extreme preference for series that are complete so I can binge it, say I did and then never return.