Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,278 Views
Just wondering what is/are the most accurate movie/series rating site(s)? Know of rotten t, imbd, etc. etc. Muddy, you seem to know the most about the movie scene, what's your astute opinion?

I only look at RT and imdb and I find it really is a personal choice.

imdb tends to be a lowest-common-denominator rating. They used to have forums there and you just couldn't believe the idiotic level of discussion. Racists, misogynists, trolls, simpletons.

But then again, it's surprising how often I'll come up with my rating and it will be right around half point below imdb. It's amazingly consistent. So for me, looking at imdb and deducting half a point is actually a decent predictor.

RT has the two ratings. I pay more attention to the critics rating than the audience score, but that's me - and it's far from a sure thing.

I keep a list of 4 or 5 RT critics that I have gotten to know over time - and I can tell how likely I am to enjoy a movie based on what they say. Now sometimes it's backwards. Like, based on the way they rave about a movie I can tell I won't like it. Sometimes the most critic-friendly movies make me wanna puke (I'm talking to you, Terence Malick.)

I dunno. I just kinda feel my way along.

Just watched The Lighthouse at my house.

10 seconds into the opening scene and I was like “damn, I should have watched this when it was in the theaters”. I’ve never seen a bad Willem Dafoe film.

8.25 Trons

Agreed!

You’re talking about when you sit on your non-dominant hand for 10 minutes to make it numb and then jerk off with said hand, right?

I thought that show sucked.

The Stranger
Rotten T 86% critics 76% Us
Metacritic didn't rate it yet!

Tron, try your dominant hand next time! Matty, be scared but don't panic!

Apple Tree Yard
Rotten T critics - 92% (4 of top 5 yes) No rating yet - Us
Metacritic didn't rate it

Currently watching the movie 1984. Haven't seen it in a long time.

It actually came out in 1984. How the fuck about that?

That's the one with John Hurt as Winston Smith. I'm surprised there hasn't been a new adaptation since then. 35 years - you'd think someone would have come up with some really terrible new version with Anne Hathaway as Julia.

Maybe soon.

Alright, I'm caught up on Better Call Saul now.

****SPOILER ALERT****

What the f*ck is Jimmy's problem? Why is he being such an asshole to Howard? All he did is offer him a job.

And now Kim asks him to marry her after he completely stabbed her in the back?

He's a real cocksucker now I guess.

Bizarre.

Last edited:
Spoiler much?!? Some of us in third-world countries need to wait a day before illegally downloading our premium TV content.

:banhim:

Oh shit, I didn't mean to do that at all man.

I figured whoever saw the spoiler alert wouldn't keep reading, and I just wanted to talk about what's currently going on in it with people.

Sorry!

RJ if you could edit my post and delete everything after the first sentence that would be cool.

It's my bad, in my mind I was all caught up and there was no way the spoiler alert applied to me. Doh.

All good man lol.

Not sure if what you can download is different there than it is for me here, but I can give you the torrent site that I downloaded the latest episode from if you want. Good site, seems to have all the latest in everything.

Cool cool might try those.

I've been using 1337x.to

FYI my Comcast service gives me warnings when I use it, but nothing ever happens.

Yeah it just says it blocked a threat each time from a known malicious source, and gives instructions to reboot computer, make sure I have anti-virus, etc.

Always wondered what everyone used instead of regular cable tv? Right now going with Frontier internet and gmasterpanel.com for all TV channels!

I use Sportzprime IPTV. It's awesome - every channel in the book including PPV view channels for sporting and fighting events (when they exist).

$7.50 a month!

Can't beat it!