Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,311 Views
There Are No Fakes - Documentary about an art forgery ring centered around First Nations painter Norval Morrisseau. The whole thing was finally exposed after a Barenaked Lakies member unwittingly bought a fake and tried to lend it to a gallery for an exhibition. Anyway, it's a wild and sad story.

8.5 Matty Rains

I wanna get a Morrisseau print for the living room.

1481.jpg

BTW the whole documentary is free on YouTube:

Narcos has got to be one of the most consistently-good series of all time. I guess they have plenty of crazy source material to work with, so the series never suffers from lazy or improvised writing.

9.1 Matty Rains out of 10 for Narcos: Mexico S2. I could watch this stuff all day, and I just did.

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist - My pretty massive crush on Jane Levy is not enough to make me want to sit through this network-TV garbage. Ew.

:redx:

Narcos has got to be one of the most consistently-good series of all time. I guess they have plenty of crazy source material to work with, so the series never suffers from lazy or improvised writing.

9.1 Matty Rains out of 10 for Narcos: Mexico S2. I could watch this stuff all day, and I just did.

Will give this a go.

Uncut Gems - A week in the life of a high-end Gameliver :lmao: Holy shit was that ever exhausting to watch. Epic levels of degeneracy. Great job by Kevin Garnett.

8.8 Matty Rains

Fun ride indeed. Sandler awesome as a total degen, and KG much better actor than expected.

Definitely one you can't take your eyes off of, very gripping and well done.

8.4 Steviestars

I’ve never wanted a movie to end as much as I wanted Uncut Gems to end. The ending was the only thing I liked about it.

I dunno.

So they've made a Call of the Wild movie with a CGI dog. So the dog can have all kinds of human facial expressions and raised eyebrows 'n shit.

A lot of the landscapes too look very fake. Like a cartoon that's not quite a cartoon. And then there's Harrison Ford. Never been a fan.

I've seen clips and it looks absolutely horrible/unbearable to me but it seems like lots of people are liking it.

Ontario teachers were on strike yesterday so JL and I went to the movies.

Sonic the Hedgehog - Well done for what it is. They reused a lot of tropes and visual elements of 80's and 90's movies, including Back to the Future. I'm actually semi-excited for the sequel that will introduce Tails and spend some time on Sonic's planet.

6.8 Matty Rains out of 10

Narcos is great, enjoying it - 7 episodes in. Bad guy running out of bullets S1 E7 was a little corny but it's definitely solid enough to get a pass on that one.

8.8 Roguejurors

Ford v Ferrari - I regret not going to see this in a theater. The racing scenes are unusually well done with the engine sounds matching what's actually happening on screen (that almost never happens in movies). I would've liked to spend more time with the Ford executives, but I guess they wanted to stay closer to a working-class-hero type of thing by focusing on driver Ken Miles and builder Carroll Shelby. Enjoyable flick that's made better by Christian Bale's performance. I would've used someone else than Matt Damon to play Shelby - guy's just too Matt Damon-ey.

7.9 Small TV Matty Rains out of a possible 10

I didn't realize there was a second Better Call Saul episode tonight. Lucky I didn't totally fast-forward through the ads where they explained that or I woulda jumped into next Sunday's episode, having missed episode 2.

American Factory - Holy shit. I'm not sure who wins in a productivity contest between an army of Chinese factory slaves and a crew of robots. These people are nuts.

BRB, gonna go brush up on my Mandarin so I can beg for my life when Chinese overlords march through downtown Toronto.

8.4 Spooked Matty Rains out 10

I didn't realize there was a second Better Call Saul episode tonight. Lucky I didn't totally fast-forward through the ads where they explained that or I woulda jumped into next Sunday's episode, having missed episode 2.

it's all good man

Diego Luna 9.2 Matty Rains

Pablo Acosta Villarreal and Mimi 9.0 Matty Rains

Overall 8.5 Matty Rains

I enjoyed

los tigres del norte el-zorro-de-ojinaga.m4a

American Factory - Holy shit. I'm not sure who wins in a productivity contest between an army of Chinese factory slaves and a crew of robots. These people are nuts.

BRB, gonna go brush up on my Mandarin so I can beg for my life when Chinese overlords march through downtown Toronto.

8.4 Spooked Matty Rains out 10

I watched it based on your recommendation. Thanks. It's the stupidity of some of the American workers that is astonishing. You are a middle-aged woman living in your sister's basement and you get a job that helps you live independently. What do you do? You become the self-appointed leader for unions and lose the job.