Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 934,537 Views
I want to know how they filmed it. There was way too much on-camera candor from all the parties involved. It's an amazingly blunt doc from every angle.

The American Dream has reached a cul-de-sac.

The Outsider (HBO) - Someone gets arrested for murdering a kid and, get this, there is video evidence of the alleged murderer being both out of town AND in town at the time of the murder.

Would you believe it, some paranormal shit is involved.

Meh.

5.4 Matty Rains

Narcos has got to be one of the most consistently-good series of all time.

I wish these producers would make Pancho Villa's story

71Xep1o.jpg

Watched the first 36mins of joker on plane. Assume theres nothing more to it than that. Guy was creepy good. 9/10.

Curb Your Enthusiasm! There's a season 10 :woohoo:
yeah, that's a good show. The guy is just a bigger prick every season ...and he's mostly right :thinking:

I checked out episode 1 of the new AMC show Dispatches from Elsewhere. It worries me a bit. It seems a bit weird-for-the-sake-of-weird. Like, how are they going to explain what's going on? Is there any explanation that would be satisfactory?

Stuff like that always makes me think of Lost which didn't end well for me.

But no, that's not fair. It doesn't deserve that comparison. That's just my own baggage. It's funnier and more artistic than Lost, among other things.

I'll try another episode anyway.

This is not a spoiler, just a prediction/guess.

Nacho's dad is toast.

It was an interesting arc with Kim talking to that stubborn old guy, feeding him the story about her childhood and being forced to move and her toes turning blue on the curb 'n shit.

And he says, "You'll say anything to get what you want, won't you?"

I thought it was a stylish way of driving that wedge between her and Jimmy/Saul's ways a bit deeper.

I think she might also give up law. Her idea of justice is too intellectual and the real world (including Jimmy, indirectly) is constantly telling her to GTFO with that shit.

Westworld is back next weekend.

For me, that's a show that dropped like a stone. Season 1, it was must-view. Can't even record it and watch it next day - must view on Sunday night.

But now, with season 3 upon us it's like, yeah, I guess I'll take a look at some point. Probably.

I see Aaron Paul is in it. I loved Breaking Bad but that does not move the needle even a tiny bit for me.

Season 2 was borderline unwatchable. Ima have to read some recaps before I can even attempt to watch S3.

Exactly what I was thinking. I need a good recap. Maybe it was better than I'm remembering.

It's been so long.

Finished Narcos which was super dope. Always something going on. Debated Narcos Mexico but looked like it isn't that good and is geared towards females (anyone feel otherwise?) so took a detour to Better Call Saul from the start, which is great 7 episodes in.

Debated Narcos Mexico but looked like it isn't that good and is geared towards females

The fuck are you talking about?!? Narcos: Mexico is as good if not better than the earlier series.