Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,083 Views
I liked Jojo Rabbit. With two minutes left I would have rated it about 7.4 but I loved the ending so much, I'm calling it an 8.

Endings are important.

Spoiler alert regarding Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Like Inglourious Basterds, I hated the ending. I don't know what Tarantino is thinking when he plays at changing history like that. I don't know why it doesn't bother people more.

I guess it's like religion. Even though it's complete and obvious bullshit, some people are genuinely soothed by it.

I just find it infantile.

Enjoyable-to-watch movie all the way through, but endings are super-important. Like Inglourious Basterds, it could have been an 8 but instead it's a 6-point-something.

I thought it was hilarious and I love his revenge-on-history endings. 🤷‍♂️ This is silly escapism.

Uncut Gems getting really good reviews. Has the gambler angle as well. Can’t wait to see this.

Suddenly I got a lot of Mr. Rogers in my life. There was a documentary movie ~a year ago - which was very good - and then there is the Jim Carrey character in the show Kidding which is obviously based on him - I'm looking forward to season 2 which starts in Feb. - and now there is the movie A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood - which I just watched. It's pretty good but more to the point: Mr. Rogers is a fascinating character.

I never watched Mr. Rogers growing up. I was pretty much of a ratbag kid and I just thought he was gay. Not like homosexual but just gay the way we used to use the word gay when I was a ratbag kid.

Bur damn, the guy was a trip. I guess there's already a Saint Frederick but I feel like they could make him a saint.

Not even joking.

Guess I should watch The Irishman again. Had it around a 7/10 honestly and agree Pacino stole the movie. DeNiro's voice over at the beginning was awful. But I'll give it another go.

Through Season 1 Episide 6 of The Watchmen. It's interesting and all but it seems really obtuse at times. I'm sure it's intentional and I'm not lost or anything, but it makes for difficult viewing when you're constantly having to readjust to time periods and what character is in what stage of their life, who you need to mentally connect them to in other episodes, etc.

Made me want to binge watch David Lynch movies, not that this is all that similar. Music is great.

Endings are important.

Spoiler alert regarding Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Like Inglourious Basterds, I hated the ending. I don't know what Tarantino is thinking when he plays at changing history like that. I don't know why it doesn't bother people more.

I guess it's like religion. Even though it's complete and obvious bullshit, some people are genuinely soothed by it.

I just find it infantile.

Enjoyable-to-watch movie all the way through, but endings are super-important. Like Inglourious Basterds, it could have been an 8 but instead it's a 6-point-something.

I have to agree here. Thought Brad Pitt was unusually enjoyable. In fact, I liked all of it except the ending. It doesn't have to be 100% non-fiction for me but the ending he chose had the same impact as an alien abduction would.

Knives Out is pretty fun. Not totally blow me away fun but, like, 7.3 out of 10.

The final episodes of The Watchmen were fantastic 8/10 for me. Hoping there is more to tell here, but heard this was a 1 and done story. Someone correct me or let me know if this is the case. Seemed like an open-ended closer but heard the writer said that was it...

They wiped the slate pretty clean. With ~10 minutes left I was thinking it was done.

But then I don't see why you do the whole bit with the egg if you're done. But I guess you might.

:dunno:

(I loved how they ended with I am the Walrus.)

Another one of these movies that critics are gaga about that just leaves me scratching my head.

Parasite.

99% Tomatometer. It's been turning up on top movies-of-the-decade lists.

I dunno. It's okay I guess. 5.9 out of 10? ish? It passes a bit of time.

:dunno:

I'm doing it. Fuck it I'm doing it.

I'm starting a Boardwalk Empire rewatch. Like, today. Episode 1 with dinner.

I've had Mad Men downloaded and ready to go for quite awhile but I have never quite pulled the trigger. But now suddenly BE is in my head and it has climbed over MM.

So that's it. Away we go and whatnot.

My goal is to have a question where none of them get the answer - but I know it.

Just once'll do.