Movies and TV

Matty

Toe Toucher
Brad Rutter in trouble early. Guy blew what, 3 Daily Doubles?

Not looking so tough right now brah.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Yeah well, clean slate tomorrow - which I guess is airing right now but I won't see it until tomorrow.

My goal is to have a question where none of them get the answer - but I know it.

Just once'll do.

Not holding out a lot of hope for this. Next to nothing being missed by these maniacs.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
HA!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the first half of game 2 and I did know one that was a triple stumper.

Bitches!!!!!

Matty

Toe Toucher
The difficulty level seems way higher than normal. I"m usually good for 10-12 good guesses a game, but I've been mostly silent during the first two GOAT episodes.

I'd kill at Jeopardy if there was no history, no geography and no Shakespeare.

MrX

never had an intact pistachio club
HA!!!!!!!!!

I just watched the first half of game 2 and I did know one that was a triple stumper.

Bitches!!!!!
Was it the Wonka quote? Even I knew that one.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Oh yeah. That was a triple stumper, wasn't it?

So I had two.

The one I was talking about was about naming a particular newspaper in France. I can't remember the exact question but Brad incorrectly guessed, Liberation (I believe) - then the other two didn't buzz in.

Meawhile I was sitting here calmly saying to my TV, Le Monde.

Correctomundo for me. :greencheck:

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Personally, I feel like no matter who wins this, Brad will still be the Greatest of all Time.

I know they have to call this tournament something but IMO you'd have to do a lot more than just win this one thing to surpass everything Brad has won. Particularly Ken. If Ken wins this, it will make him something like 1-3 against Brad. Or maybe 1-4 ??

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
No question Brad has been struggling the first two games but I sure wouldn't count him out.

Matty

Toe Toucher
I like to watch regular Jeopardy after a GOAT episode so I don't feel like such a dum dum. GOAT level of difficulty is stupid high.

That said, Ken's got this.

Matty

Toe Toucher
I did get a triple stumper today - the BYOD one (cybersecurity - Bring Your Own Device).

These punks didn't know it cause they haven't had to work a modern, soul-sucking office job.

Archie

SP Nation and I Ruin things
I could maybe get a 2nd place on a show.

If all the questions were about my life.

Answer: She was your 5th grader teacher that was hot.

Archie: Who is Mrs. Keller

correct 200 points

I'll take the Category: Just earlier this evening...

Answer: This was the location of your wife's dream last night, that she told you about while you prepared dinner.

Silence

TRIPLE STUMPER!!!!!!

Archie: Can I do one of those like physical challenges from Double Dare?

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
My thing for game 3 was knowing Daily Doubles that contestants didn't get. There were at least 2.

Final Jeopardy in game 3 was a triple stumper - and I knew it. Cuaron and Ang Lee.

Of course James and Brad were up to shenanigans with joke answers so I don't know if they actually knew. That takes away from my overall glory.

Speaking of which, I guess James was being sweet calling Alex the GHOST (Greatest Host of Syndicated Televison ??? Something like that ???).

Kind of a play on GOAT? GHOST?

It just struck me as a bit iffy to be calling a guy lingering at death's door a ghost.

Mudcat

Leave everything to me!
Jeopardy spoiler alert. Sorta.

It was really surprising to see how poorly Brad performed. Just a shadow of himself.

I was thinking it might just be age taking its toll - I can attest that's a real thing when it comes to Jeopardy type brain performance - but I see Ken is actually a few years older.

Dunno.

I thought it was odd when Alex said none of those guys would ever be back again. I wonder if they set that up as a condition to solidify the GOAT concept.

Otherwise, they've been having big mega-championship tourneys every few years for a long time. (Brad has won about 4 of them.) Hard to see why they would stop.

Matty

Toe Toucher
I think Ken proved he was the only true erudite of the group. Regular Jeopardy is way easier than what they faced in the GOAT touney.