Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 923,595 Views
I'll tell you what I rewatched that I think is brilliant though. The Big Short (2015)

I'm not going to pretend I totally understand what happened with the 2008 financial thing. But when I watch the movie I do. But I don't really. But I do.

But it's a great movie.

Isn't that the movie where some guy risked all his millions to make billions? And then they went to the strip club and found out all the strippers had expensive houses? Or am I thinking of something else?

Finishing Narcos season 3, the one about the Cali cartel. Tremendous television once again. I think I liked it even more than seasons 1-2 - guy who played Pablo Escobar was a bit too cartoonish. The actor who plays Miguel Rodriguez is top notch.

He (Wagner Moura as Escobar) is back briefly in Narcos: Mexico. I think it's just one scene in one episode.

Okay so this upcoming movie is up my alley. I've seen stage productions a couple times. I know the music. I'll watch it.

But this trailer ---> there is something off about it. I can't put my finger on what exactly - but something.

:dunno:

It’s been said already (by Matty I think) but wow Chernobyl is amazing television. Maybe I’ve said it already too.

Needs to be said again if that’s the case. From the score to the makeup to the superb acting abs writing. My gosh.

9.75 Trons out of 10.

Next on my TV show watchlist: Ramy

Tried this. Not into it.

I've seen his stand-up (Ramy Youssef) and it's good for some laughs. The show tries to expand on the themes - being a Muslim in America yada yada - but it doesn't come together for me.

Guys who have gods and pray a lot - I have limited time for it.

Just sped through Narcos: Mexico over the last week. Still not sure what's so fascinating about drug traffickers but this is yet another excellent entry in the Narcos universe.👌BTW if you don't want to spoil the season for yourself, don't look up the story of the Guadalajara cartel on Wikipedia. The show stays real close to the actual events.

Oh and nice little reveal at the very end - I'm giddy for next season. :stevie:

Just checking out the reviews for new movie releases and my conclusion is:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood ---> that's lookin' about as promising as it gets for me.

Just checking out the reviews for new movie releases and my conclusion is:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood ---> that's lookin' about as promising as it gets for me.

Just saw it last night!

It was indeed Super Rad.

Excellent use of fact based writing that Quentin nicely distorts.

Watching Suits from the beginning. On Season 4 now. Actually a binge worthy show. Good lawyer/courtroom show without the usual “goofy cases”. Written by actual lawyers, so it has a sense of realism to it I am guessing.

So it's like this.

I'm a huge Coen brothers guy. I've seen all their movies. Whenever one comes up in my listings that I haven't seen for a couple years, I watch it again. I imagine that will be the case until I die.

I never regret it.

So I have seen all their movies a bunch of times - except one. The Ladykillers. I have only seen that once. I recall being a bit dubious about it but my memory is foggy. I see it is rated pretty low on the main sites - although the critics rating is about the same as The Hudsucker Proxy and I love that.

Point being, I am about to give The Ladykillers a second viewing.

So that's what I have to say about that.

So it's like this.

I'm a huge Coen brothers guy. I've seen all their movies. Whenever one comes up in my listings that I haven't seen for a couple years, I watch it again. I imagine that will be the case until I die.

I never regret it.

So I have seen all their movies a bunch of times - except one. The Ladykillers. I have only seen that once. I recall being a bit dubious about it but my memory is foggy. I see it is rated pretty low on the main sites - although the critics rating is about the same as The Hudsucker Proxy and I love that.

Point being, I am about to give The Ladykillers a second viewing.

So that's what I have to say about that.

Weird, I just went down this same path last week.

Save yourself, it will not be a good experience. It is nowhere near as good as The Hudsucker Proxy. It is actually pretty bad. And very annoying.

Good luck.

The first half is alright, though. Maybe just watch the first half.

Yeah that didn't really come together, did it? Talkin' bout The Ladykillers (2004)

Everyone sure does appear to be trying real hard - but no. (I exclude Tom Hanks from that implied snideness. I thought he was good.)

I guess by definition, something has to be the Coens worst movie - and for me this is it, a notch below Hail Caesar. 4.8 out of 10

the-ladykillers-1545078736.jpg