Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,186 Views
I'll tell you what I think is really funny. It's not a movie - I'd have to give some serious thought to funniest movie and I'm too burned out from the day right now - but I happened to start rewatching it recently and it's so freaking good.

The show Louie.

It's not just funny. There is so much in there. It's creative brilliance.

But it is very, very funny.

Louie ruined it by relentlessly whacking his pud in front of co-workers.

It was a great show for sure.

I watched a movie called Eighth Grade. It's about a 13 year-old girl who is finishing up 8th grade, soon to be going to high school.

I can't recall a movie that I have such a high opinion of in terms of authenticity and cinematic values - and I absolutely never want to rewatch. The job they do of capturing the awkwardness and self-consciousness and pain of that age --> off the charts.

Cursed with a good memory as I am, it hits close to home. It brings back all my own awkward shit of that age.

I do not enjoy that. It did have a big payoff near the end that actually had me bawling for a minute. But still.

Hard to rate something like that. But anyway, if you are looking for a really uncomfortable experience, it is the movie for you.

eighth-grade-trailer-000.jpg

So the parking garage rooftop scene and the office scene with Gustavo and the new guy in the latest episode of Better Call Saul:

Outstanding television. We need more of that.
which one was that? I think I just saw all of it. 3rd season 10 ep. ...Are they making more?

It's getting a little old with the seemingly same story line back and forth. Especially with Chuck and his "condition". ...Maybe this is why you not supposed to watch the whole thing in a week :thinking:

I checked out the new HBO sitcom Camping. I didn't know what it was about. I had no preconceived notions. Turns out the main character is Jennifer Garner as an anal, uppity mom.

I lasted about 5 minutes.

usually I'm not into anal but that seems right. Anyway she was great in Juno. ..if I'm thinking of the right person

usually I'm not into anal but that seems right. Anyway she was great in Juno. ..if I'm thinking of the right person

You are. :handshake: She seems like the ultimate stuck-up upper class bitch to me. :dontthinkso:

She is basically the same character she was for most of Juno (as I remember it). They have taken that unbearable twat and said, "Let's build a TV series around her."

Now she ended up being redeemed in the end in Juno. No idea if the same will happen in Camping.

It did not become clear in the 5 minutes I watched.

I see Juliette Lewis is also in it. She hadn't shown up by the time I made my exit. I guess she didn't help because the ratings are hilariously bad at this point.

imdb - 4.2 out of 10

RT - critics rating of 34% fresh, audiences 14%

Lena Dunham is the creator. Fair to say it's not shaping up as another Girls.

I went ahead and rated it 1 out of 10 at RT. My review was the following 3 words:

just completely unappealing

Jennifer Garner is very good looking and that’s about it right, boys?

She doesn't titillate like Jennifer Connelly, that's fo sho.

So RJ, do you have any wisdom to share on the subject of torrent sites?

TPB has been gone awhile. Something is messed up with KAT. I got a couple sites where I can get a few selected things but we are entering my prime season for movies and I could use better.

@Mudcat

For movies https://yts.am is the current top dog, HD only and curated for quality.

For series I find https://rarbg.to/torrents.php still to have the most and quickest releases.

For the downloading client https://www.qbittorrent.org is the cool, bare one with the nerds (my old fav uTorrent got caught bundling malware sometime back).

KAT owner got arrested, whichever new KAT you're visiting have nothing to do with the old site/admins.

i 😍 yts