Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 935,668 Views
Watched the season premier of Fargo. Not bad, not bad. Before watching, I did some remembering back over last season - pretty erratic nonsensical mish-mash - it had me in a ready-to-bail posture.

But actually, not bad, not bad.

yeah, just saw it, not bad. Kinda like the time period.
The parts where you know there's gonna be some awkward murderin made me uncomfortable.
Ted Danson is the geezer now, crazy.

I thought the very first scene of making the Sioux City Massacre (or whatever) movie - one of the bodies lying in the field might turn out to be really dead - and we'd be off to the races with murder.

I guess that could still be true. I don't think they closed off that whole deal or even explained why we were there.

But anyway, we got some bodies so ----> proceed.

I watched Mad Max: Fury Road (2015).

Started out with a lot of eyeroll - then drew me in to some degree - got in the spirit of it - then it went on and on - then the ending was a non-ending.

I assume they are setting up a sequel. While I like Tom Hardy, I have no particular interest in motorized vehicles. I am not the target demographic for this kind of thing.

Style points though.

5.2 out of 10

maxresdefault.jpg

I frequently hear people complaining - often bitterly - about Michael Bay and what he brings to the table vis a vis the film-making artform. However people who vote with their hard-earned dollar seem to disagree. I feel like I want to join in with the snobby side of it, but I wasn't sure I had seen anything he directed. So I checked.

Turns out yes. 3 things. His first 3 feature-length efforts as it turns out.

Bad Boys
The Rock
Armageddon

Most recent was 1998. Nothing since then.

No strong feelings. The debate will have to continue without me.

There's no fucking way Ray Ray watched the same Fargo S2 E1 that I just watched.

different strokes, obv... i went back and watched it again... TRYING TOO HARD is an understatement... you enjoy watching people butcher accents and a few anti climatic action scenes, i guess...like i said, that ep was for easily entertained people who are pre programmed to like the show.. glad you guys found something you like.. tv has been a little slow, as of late.. i have no doubt it gets better, btw

The Affair really is a zit-squeezy mess when you think about it.

I saw again The Bodyguard

since the 90s last time I seen it and didn't really remember anything

it was good, whitney was pretty

6.7 Matty Rains

Probably going to watch something in the next day or two.

This thread is utterly worthless for going back and finding something to watch.
So I know there was some movie that Muddy watched months ago and I commented I should see it (probably something of a political theme :dunno:) there was at least a handful of other things,
I skimmed like 50 pages of this thread and all I got was Louie Louie, shut up bacon, here's JL pic, some celebrity who isn't as hot at she thinks, etc..:sparesomecutter:

watch the two escobars espn 30 for 30

on netflix

also

maybe it was this

Finally got around to watching Citizenfour (2014) the most recent Oscar winner in the Best Documentary category.

Sometimes I like a movie where I can turn my brain off, but the best movies to me are ones that provoke thought.

This chronicle of Edward Snowden's whistle-blowing was the latter - in spades. I already knew a lot of what happened but still, this shook me up.

The issues are too huge to start discussing right here, so I will just say I thought it was a very good doc regarding a complex and nauseating situation which is far from over.

9 out of 10.

CitizenFour-Cube.png

oh? the guy who was shot for scoring own goal was Escobar's brother?