Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 938,042 Views
Trailer for the next Coen Brothers film. It's not being released for Oscar season but then it's pretty clearly not that sort of thing.

Due out in Feb.

New Coen Brothers ---> it make Mudcat happy.

:megaman:

The film looks fucking dumb, whatever.

One cock in the face pic and everyone takes a shot, right?

finally finished watching mr robot

lost me there a while with the schizophrenia/opiates bit but subject was right to my palates

extra matties for using real life tech, linux, tor etc, and not some magical user interface shit like they usually do

7.5 matty rains

New season of Fargo kicks off tonight.

Season 1 was an amazing mess but I made it to the end and I will continue.

The Martian (2015) - Pretty entertaining ride. Kinda like *spoiler alert because the movie comparisons will reveal the kind of ending to expect if you don't know already* Apollo 13 meets Cast Away with a side order of Gravity.

A lotta Matt Damon. He's a pretty reliable actor. I wondered if he had ever been nominated for an acting Oscar. In fact he has twice. I wouldn't have nominated him for those two (Good Will Hunting, Invictus) and I wouldn't nominate him for this - but I guess he probably will be.

Ehhh, not sure about that.

As for a rating? Oh, say, 7.4.

the-martian-movie-trailer-large-4.jpg

Sicario (2015) - it's pretty good although the more I think about it, the lower my rating drops.

At first it seemed very realistic and gritty and thoughtful - with a message I think is important - (i.e. whither this war on drugs?) - but on deeper consideration:

:dunno:

It is directed by the same guy that did Prisoners which had a similar effect for me. Seemed on the surface that it was about something, but really just a contrived thriller.

Watchable though. Rating-wise, I'm an easy thumbs up but below the consensus. Right around 6.7 right now.

sicario_movie-1600x1200.jpg

Trailer for the next Coen Brothers film. It's not being released for Oscar season but then it's pretty clearly not that sort of thing.

Due out in Feb.

New Coen Brothers ---> it make Mudcat happy.

:megaman:

Hey, these guys know how to do convoluted kidnapping stories :up:
I mean I can do without the dancing sailors

Marilyn in the movie, The Misfits ---> I have never seen a more exquisite example of feminine pulchritude.

I'm sure I could dig up some stills which would be good, but you need to see it in motion for the full effect.