Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 923,620 Views
I quitted the Deuce too,
back to watching reruns of Cheers now

The Deuce: Awesome. Enjoyable. Vintage.

Black Mirror: Intriguing. Train Wreck Effect. Need a Xanax.

Am I still the only one who watches Vice channel?:

Hamilton’s Pharmacopeia
Slutever
Fuck that’s Delicious
Kentucky Ayahuasca
Dead Set on Life

I really am at a loss for things to watch right now though. A chick at work is pushing Umbrella Academy (??) on me but I don't trust her taste. She's the one who never watched Breaking Bad because she couldn't handle the idea of Malcolm in the Middle's dad doing anything else.

So I am probably going to go forward with a 2nd viewing of something. Either Boardwalk Empire or Mad Men (or one and then the other if shit doesn't start coming along.)

Muddy, I think you might really enjoy Doug Polk's poker blog.

He does this critique on the classic Rounders hand and it's pretty priceless.

If you like that Andrew Neeme is always good (though QUITE a calling station) , James Burton can be quite entertaining and personally I love Mark Ari's videos on low level poker fundamentals.

When your'e done with those, watching Thatwasepic hit on college girls is always a good time.

I recommended True Detective first. It's still all me, biatch.

Actually I never watched Snowfall or The Deuce.

You didn't like any Black Mirror?

I saw ep1 and ep2 and the Star Trek-esque one. I liked the Star Trek one.

Think I saw all the Black Mirror. Which one had different endings?

I just want to make sure that what I said before was not lost in the shuffle.

Chicky-poo at work refuses to watch Breaking Bad because she feels it will taint her Malcolm in the Middle experience. True story.

Okay, carry on.

New season of Happy! has begun. I enjoyed season 1.

So there's something I can watch.

Agnes Varda has passed away. She directed a bunch of great movies but this one is my favourite:

91sHx-yZQqL._RI_SX300_.jpg

Okay. We're doing it. Season 1 of Mad Men d/l'ed.

So for the next while, it will be Game of Thrones and Happy! - along with rewatches of Mad Men and Ren and Stimpy.

And whatever else comes along. I believe I am correct to expect more seasons of Peaky Blinders, Narcos, Humans, The Chi, Atlanta. Maybe Veep, Fargo, Better Call Saul? The Young fucking Pope?

I never know for sure if/when shit is going to come along.

I thought season 1 of The Chi was excellent, great suspense/drama/acting.

Season 2 premier is 4.7.

Looking forward to it.

Money Heist is lame. This shit's been done to death. Gave up midway through episode 4.

Oh hey. I didn't even realize that a new half-season of Arrested Development came out mid-March. 8 episodes.

So there's that too.

I just finished True Detective S3

Amazing acting by the 2 leads (my mind is blown at how good Stephen Dorff was).

The music was a 9.25 on the 10 scale.

But something is missing from the season. And it’s a big something.

Better than Season 2 but.......

6 Trons out of 10

Agnes Varda has passed away. She directed a bunch of great movies but this one is my favourite:

Name sounded familiar, I went through her movie list and I've seen Le Petit Amour

Money Heist is lame. This shit's been done to death. Gave up midway through episode 4.

Is that the Spanish series?