Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 945,339 Views
quantico and blood and oil premier tonight... seen them both... bao much better...

quantico tries to hard..reminds me of that Graceland show... overhyped network stuff

premiers of downton abbey and the affair were last week... both decent

watched The Visit... it was okay for a movie that could have cost the price of a handheld recorder, to make...

Getting bored with Downton Abbey. S6 premiere was so-so to me.

Bates and Anna drama :facepalm:

I have downloaded Memento and expect to watch it imminently.

That should be interesting. I have only seen it once. I thought it was excellent - it seemed to have a minimum intelligence requirement to even get through it - I liked that. Tantalizing chaos.

But the whole time there was a niggling doubt, hmmm, but how is this actually fitting together? It's hard to decipher how coherent it is. How would it stand up to a calm second viewing?

Kind of amazing it has taken this long but anyway, we shall see.

I told poster Fiveteamer to watch Paris, Texas (1984) and he stopped it 1/3 of the way through. Expect a scathing review any minute now.

The Trevor Noah Daily Show starts today.

Juror, very interesting segment on El Chapo's 2nd escape from prison on new season of 60 Minutes last night.

:moped:

That guy is a motherfokkin' CLOSER. :abc:

Cover yourself in wet pain RIGHT NOW. STEVE!

#redwine

He gets the heads up from the paint guy but who gives a shit about that?

He is getting himself laughed out of that meeting despite his joyus bravado with the paint guy.

Memento (2000) is real good. It was sitting around a 9 rating the whole time but dipped just a bit for me with a couple points in how it was tied up.

8.4. Could change upon further contemplation though. Plenny to contemplate in that. I understand there is even an edit where it runs forward. That might clarify some questions. I would like to see that (but not sure I will ever get around to it.)

Anyhoo, Christopher Nolan's best IMO.

Memento%201.jpg

Juror, very interesting segment on El Chapo's 2nd escape from prison on new season of 60 Minutes last night.

:moped:

Those tunnels are crazy.

The Ray Donovan finale was pretty good. 7.5 baconballs

Mississippi Grind not a bad little gambling flick.

7.1 Baconballs

The Trevor Noah Daily Show starts today.

Uneven first show. The writers aren't even trying to adapt to Noah's personality. At times you could hear Jon Stewart coming out of Trevor Noah's mouth.

Tweak that shit you fools.

Ryan Reynolds is pretty good in Mississippi Grind.

I had the information in here regarding what happens at the end but since that goes against my ethic of being a fuckin awsome dude I edited it.

I could see me being Reynolds and Muddy being Mendehlson in the real life version of this movie and we'd both end up dead.

Last edited:
I won't be watching "The Best Time Ever" again.

I won't be watching "The Best Time Ever" again.

The woman watched the premiere. That was some turbogheyness.