Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,730 Comments
  • Views 942,329 Views
Wrong thread assholes.

289.gif

I'm going to watch this piece of shit tonight and it's going to be awful.

This is the best movie I or anyone else has ever seen. 14 million baconballs.

Someone give me a good recent movie and/or something good to binge watch besides what I have already seen, thank you.

I guess I'll start with Mad Men. It didn't stick the first couple of times but who knows, I'm desperate here.

You could try Humans. Not a ton to binge on - ~6 episodes so far? - but it is solidly on my roster.

I can't remember if you liked Boardwalk Empire. If you did, you might also like Peaky Blinders. There are 2 seasons to binge on, then a third coming later.

Did you ever try Six Feet Under?

You didn't answer about Six Feet Under. If you haven't seen it, it's a good show IMO with a lot to binge on - 63 episodes to be exact - but knowing you, I feel I should issue a GBW.

Gay Behaviors Warning.

One of the main characters is gay so there is some of that at times.

Male gays.

I don't like to see that stuff but Shameless ended up good enough with it. Is it as good as Shameless? I'm starting Mad Men tonight and I'm really going to try.

I have Six Feet Under as way better than Shameless. Six Feet Under would tentatively be my #4 show of all-time.

I have my 3 headed Mount Rushmore of The Wire, Deadwood and The Sopranos.

Then Six Feet Under is a notch below.

There are also shows like Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire which are in the vicinity but I need the 2nd viewing to firm up my opinion.

To me, Shameless is just kinda pass-the-time fluff.

I did binge watch Mad Men this weekend and still don't find it very gripping, I just don't care what happens to the characters or to myself. Looking very forward to the True Detective finale, the latest Ray Donovan and Ballers.

It just started and already we're coming up on the season finale of HUMANS.

8 episode season ----> INsufficient!

I'm gonna need some shows. Halt and Catch Fire season has ended. The Making of the Mob is over.

Jon Stewart is gone. HUMANS has one more episode.

All the latest HBO stuff, The Brink and True Detective and Ballers, has been found wanting.

People aren't taking the task of entertaining me seriously enough.

Fury

A mostly (unintentionally) silly WWII film with a bad film score.

If Saving Private Ryan is a 8.5, Fury is a 4.5.

Agreed on Fury, it was cheesy.

True Detective finale was pretty good. Conclusive. Still a pretty good show and does not deserve the bashing it has been getting, though it is no doubt uncomparable to season one. Not much is though.

Beetlejuice: Actress Winona Ryder Says Sequel to 1988 Fantasy-Horror Movie Is Happening

Ryder said Monday on "Late Night With Seth Meyers" that director Tim Burton was working on the sequel. Burton and actor Michael Keaton said in 2014 that the follow-up was being worked on.

-Beetlejuice-beetlejuice-the-movie-23839130-1360-768.jpg

I rewatched Beetlejuice recently, it's a lot weirder than my childhood memory of it. In a good way I guess.

Train Wreck

Some really funny raunchy parts.

The rest is an overrated piece of garbage.

Train Wreck

Some really funny raunchy parts.

The rest is an overrated piece of garbage.

About right.

Saw it in a "VIP" theater where they serve you food and booze at your seat. Highlight of the movie was my Jalapeno burger.

I don't remember Beetlejuice in a lot of detail and I'm not a huge Tim Burton fan, but if the sequel was sitting in front of me RIGHT NOW - I reckon I'd watch it.

There was actually a Beetlejuice cartoon that sprang out of it that I thought was good.

Beetlejuice-cartoon.png