Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 936,938 Views
Colbert seems to be breaking in his new TV persona in preparation for his talk show. If the latest YouTube vids are any indication, this is going to be good. He's very quick-witted.

Masters of Sex season premier ---> :facepalm:

Think I've had enough of that.

Shame, that show.

S1 was very watchable. Female lead VERY good looking.

Then it all fell apart.

The writers are too cute. They're like a grade 12 Creative Writing class trying out little tricks.

I want to watch a show that I can get absorbed in and that rings true and maybe I can learn a little piece of history.

Instead all I can think about are writers writing.

Do I want to pat them on the head? Yes. They are trying so hard.

Do I want to keep giving them my time? No. It's enough.

Anybody watching The Making of the Mob?

Watchable mini-series for me but my gawd, it is rare to see that level of weak acting in an actual thing.

Checked out Rosewater (2014) which was Jon Stewart's Directorial and screenplay-writing debut.

It's pretty good. Unfortunately, from my viewing perspective, I already knew the story. The telling of it was fairly linear and without embellishment. I felt like Stewart went to some lengths not to Hollywood it up too much, and draw attention to himself.

It's not what I would call thrilling but it's an important story and it's pretty good. That's what I have to say about that. 7 out of 10.

Here are Stewart, Maziar Bahari, the subject, and Gael Garcia Bernal who played him.

john-stewart-maziar-bahari-gael-garcia-bernal-rosewater.png

Q. What is the highest grossing film starring Robert De Niro?

It is not Meet the Parents.

It is indeed the sequel, Meet the Fockers.

I wonder where The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle is on the money list.

DeNiroRocky2.jpg

Having ditched or otherwise lost so many shows recently, I need some new content. Think I'm gonna check out Humans on AMC.