Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 949,404 Views
So you still watching Deadwood Blitty?

What's going on?

The Skeleton Twins (2014) - I thought this was very good, thoughtful, well put together.

8 out of 10

movies_the-skeleton-twins.widea.jpg

Actually, I gotta go higher with that rating. Other than one major point - which you just kinda gotta go with - I'm having trouble thinking of any flaws. It's an ingeniously constructed story with some stylish subtlety and some really thoughtful moments.

That's a HUGH rating right there.

SNL peeps with a serious look on their face. Intriguing.

Yeah that's big I will watch it tonight

Thanks Muddy! xoxo

It's a somewhat moody, looking-at-relationships kinda flick. Lotsa talk, little action. Not for everyone.

Worked for me.

Only 6.9 at imdb.

87% tomatometer.

:dunno:

great cast, but have your have your pillow and blanket ready... its a great movie for catching up on sleep

Different strokes and stuff.......

I feel like I should shift my focus from imdb to Rotten Tomatoes for my TV/movies base.

I have been noticing more and more that imdb seems more simpleton-dominated. Not that that is new; the imdb forums are pathetic - I have known that for a long time - but I have been noticing that when there are discrepancies in ratings, Rotten Tomatoes seems more grown up.

I don't even know what all is offered over there at RT and if they even have forums. I have skimmed the surface but it is time to start digging deeper into all that, I believe.

The only time RT has steered me in the wrong direction was with her

That was one gigantic wussy boy pansy movie.

Other than that, though, :greencheck:

1? Pfft.

I bet I can name 10 movies off the top of my head where I have a significant difference of taste/opinion than the RT consensus and it could therefore be considered "steering me wrong.

Raging Bull
Boyhood
Moulin Rouge
Bringing Up Baby
The Birds
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
The Tree of Life
The Wild Bunch
Interstellar
Gone Girl

I bet I could find 100 if I worked at it.

Sometimes my mind plays tricks. I saw the movie My Girl in my listings and my mind said, "Ooh, I remember that. Classic of its time. Grab that."

So I did. It has some cuteness but it's not particularly good. The tomatometer is 50% so I guess it never was anywhere near a classic by any standard.

Don't know what my mind was thinking.

Stupid mind.

Spy

Lots of LOL moments. I'd say I had a solid 15 total LOL moments.

Well worth the price of admission.

8.5 Trons

Bruce Willis though. Haven't seen that guy for awhile.

I dunno. Maybe he's in those The Expandables movies? I haven't seen any of those.

He was quite a major thing at one time.