Movie Discussion 8/16/10

• Start date
  • Replies 44 Comments
  • Views 2,922 Views
lolz, nice. Either way we'll work out something, I'll be chock-full of corporate slave monies by then. Virginia Beach and drinks on Jello sounds like a plan. :cripwalk:

Gran Torino is rocking her world now, Clint just bit it

The Other Guys - This was a bomb. A few giggles but overall worthless. I like toilet humor Will Ferrel movies like Step Brothers and Talladega Nights, but this was nothing like that. I thought Samuel L Jackson and The Rock would have funny roles however they only make a brief cameo in the beginning. Girlfriend fell asleep.

This is disappointing to hear. Not that surprised unfortunately.

lolz, nice. Either way we'll work out something, I'll be chock-full of corporate slave monies by then. Virginia Beach and drinks on Jello sounds like a plan. :cripwalk:

Seeing as how Virginia Beach and Jello are about to get wiped off the face of the map, we may need to come up with a new meeting location.

bf-hurrismileypalm.gif
:jello:

Dinner With The Schmucks - Snoozer. A few laugh snuck in here and there of course. But for the most part, pass!

Saw VI - These movies crack me up. I mean, we always like to question what we would do in certain hypothetical situations. The Saw series takes that inner-reflection and shoves it in a meat grinder. PS - Scream Queens is the greatest VH1 reality show ever. Yes, even better than Brett Michael's Rock of Love Bus. That's right, I said it.

Two marvelous re-watches:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - This is everything that is good about film making. Super duper from beginning to end, and Kate looking as sexy as she ever has.

Pan's Labyrinth - Hey! Mexicans can make great movies as well! Who knew? This is the most depressing fairy tale one could ever see. At no point do you feel a sense of hope, and the the Spanish army captain has to go down as one of the best bad guys I've ever witnessed. Love this movie.

I have yet to watch Pan's. Looking damn forward to it. didn't a Mexican write American Beauty?

Pans will be weekend material here. Yes some of us have to save the best shit for the weekends.

Totally agree on the Saws' silliness. Come on now.

Sunshine - Carey's best work to date - and that is a very VERY bold statement. From Laces out, Dan to standing up and jamming w Phish. Dude is the tits. Overacts and doesn't give a shit. And yes, she does.

Also wanted more from Shmucks here. Rudd can be so great. He took a very mediocre script here.

I think you three will enjoy Pan's Labyrinth very much.

I think you three will enjoy Pan's Labyrinth very much.

I heard from a very reliable source that it is straight up bomb.

Looking forward to it. Scheduled for 3 on Sunday. Unless the PSU tailgate Sat gets out of control. Which it might.

Seeing as how Virginia Beach and Jello are about to get wiped off the face of the map, we may need to come up with a new meeting location.

bf-hurrismileypalm.gif
:jello:

Jello's so thin he won't feel a thing. Aerodynamics FTW.

BTW Eternal Sunshine is a favorite of mine. Good side of Kaufman. Movie shook me cause I was in a Jim Carrey state of mind at the time. 8 Matty Rains.