Motorcycling Thread for MrX, Matty, and I

• Start date
  • Replies 1,006 Comments
  • Views 59,771 Views
Not dead, apparently. He prolly didnt slide quite as long as his bike. Hope he was wearing leather.

Is leather really still considered the gold stardard in protection for motorcyclists?

Yeah baby!

AAk2bzh.img

Point being, today in history:

1936 - British racer Eric Fernihough set 2 new speed records. 164.778 miles per hour without a sidecar, and 80.946 mph with sidecar.

The ol' FJ600 is still very much alive and kicking. I ride my bike like Europeans ride scooters. It's my around-town vehicle 8 months of the year.

Tried a top speed run recently - engine runs out of breath around ~115mph with my 230lbs on it. It's supposed to be able to do 130.

Holy shit, that chick is nuts.

Those legs too. 😍

Nah, I started the guitar thing and shut down the site once I ran out of gloves.

The glove thing was me dipping my toes into the Shopify solopreneur lifestyle. Good learning experience.

My bike is still in storage, I gotta go get it. But no, I don't expect to be riding as much since we have a car now. I used the bike as an actual vehicle in Toronto and only went on aimless joyrides once or twice a month.

Plus my main riding buddy used to be just 2.5 hours away in Kingston, now it's a 5-hour ride. Most of the good twisty roads are in his area - here they're scenic but boringly straight.

Been having some fun on a neighbour's 2007 Yamaha R6 this week. Guy has back issues and he feels bad for not riding his sportbike so he asked me to give his old some a workout. :winkwink:

Forks of the Credit

Redline run (fucked up the launch, I thought I was in gear)