More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 302,324 Views
Having my in-person exit interview tomorrow. Been rehearsing my speech in my head.

It's going to be just the right amount of scathing.

We have a job meeting every Tuesday. All the on site foreman and new subcontractors that will be starting work onsite within a few weeks. Generally an in office superintendent will handle meetings until their on site foreman arrive. We have a few minority contractors because you have to employ some minority contractors...have to. There is a sign in sheet to log who attended the meeting. Probably 10-15 white guys sign in with their pens that they brought. Two black guys attended the meeting. Both need to borrow a mother fuckin pen to sign in. Meanwhile, the Latino secretary that the general contractor hired from some Latino cultural bullshit club is mother fuckin asleep at her fucking desk. Lastly, one of the negros was wearing a coat with buttons approximently 2" in diameter.

Last edited:
The drywall negro was told to keep the pen that he borrowed from the bricklayer superintendent.

Mind you that most superintendents have these gay ass leather binder they use for paperwork. Me myself, I have a clipboard that opens up to store paperwork and I keep a pad of paper on the front of the board. The drywall shine is writing on the back of the construction schedule with a pen he was given. Long story short I tell him i need some stuff done by the 18th. He says he can't do that. So I say I will give you one more week. And if it's not done one week after that I will install my sheetmetal and he will be fucked. He says ok but he wants to write the day down and he doesn't have a calendar in front of him. So I tell him I don't have a calendar in front of me either but 18+7 is 25...so write down the 2 first, then write a 5.

Stupid, stupid, stupid..

How many full time gamblers are there on GL? I know of one: Matty.

Matty got any tips for Europa League today common one time pal

I don't full-time gamble. I occasionally parlay.

Those yacklers gonna kill it RJ I can feel it

I thought I'd have a couple days off after getting kicked out of the office yesterday (yeah, that happened). But no. We already owe a shitton of work to our new customers.

Gray-haired chick negotiated a rate that's 4 times higher than what I used to pay my freelancers.

We're going to be rich! (Ish.)

:cripwalk:

The interview itself went well, but the president had me locked out of my computer while I was in there talking with HR. So what at first sounded like a very nice offer by HR to take Thursday and Friday off ended up being a strong hint that my presence at the office was no longer required. :biglaugh:

So petty, these corporate types.

Andrea assuming her ultimate form.

Those yacklers gonna kill it RJ I can feel it

i concur, i actually had a dream with them last night

i vividly remember peter in it

maybe cause he looks like jose luis rodriguez 'el puma'

Gray haired lady is sneaky attractive and can sell. She can drink my coffee anytime. And my sperm.