Meet my crazy neighbour

• Start date
  • Replies 374 Comments
  • Views 27,541 Views
Damn, I'd forgotten a lot of the finer details of her crazy neighbouriness.

I know there's nothing I can do, short of her threatening us directly. Have dealt with a similar neighbour before.

We're not going to stay here long anyway, until the end of the year most likely.

*spits decaf coffee* :rofl:

2020 update - we're stuck here forever.

No. I made a post when Matty started this thread. I posted her pic or something about her from her facebook.

Matty, post her before and after pics. If you see her again, just say "Moti".

I have reasons to believe she might be dead. Can't find an obit though.

Just a while back, while going through the derailed virus thread, I was thinking about absence of any gamelive deaths. This would qualify if true. You don't need an obituary to confirm death of your neighbour. Ask around. Are there security guards in the building?

We have guards but they're pretty anal/uptight, they won't say anything.

I noticed that her mailbox was emptied (it's always bursting at the seams with letters/spam) except for one letter from the Canada Revenue Agency. I couldn't see the whole address line through the little mailbox window but it said THE ESTATE OF [HER LAST NAME]. Couldn't see the first name.

My first thought was that she was getting correspondence about a dead relative, but who in their right mind would make her the contact person for such correspondence? It kinda has to be her. Maybe not.

(Yes, I peeped through the 1 sq inch window of her mailbox. Fokkin' sue me.)

Last edited:
If the letter is about her estate, doesn't it mean she has been dead for a month or so? You would have known by now. Have you stopped hearing any sound from her apartment? Find her sister's fb/twitter. That may shed some light.

Edit: Your wife works at the hospital where she's getting treatment. She should find it for GL.

We were away for about half the month of January so the math works out.

She's been quiet/medicated for a couple years now. She used to get bi-weekly visits from a social worker but that stopped several months ago.

Her sister is not on social media (other than LinkedIn, I checked.)

Too much suspense. Just knock on the door, shout "It's your ugly neighbour. Are you ok?" and see if there's some reaction or some noise due to feet movement. Order some food and give her apartment number. It's better if you know the delivery guy. The uptight security guard (I still can't believe they will not share such a simple thing) will blurt out the truth when the guy tells him the apartment number. Then the guy will call you in the guard's presence and you can say something about the address mix up.

FALSE ALARM

Still alive and medicatin'