Man, hate posting any negativity, but pretty sure my girl got popped w a DUI last

• Start date
  • Replies 124 Comments
  • Views 10,306 Views
lawyer up and pray

almost 3 times the legal limit

damn

did this happen in a small town like yours?

She is about an hour away in a bigger town, it happened there. All I can do is be her rock mang, regardless of where it goes. She helped me through so much, I will help her get it all back. She only loses me if she gives up on herself.

lawyer up and pray

almost 3 times the legal limit

Pretty much. And she only drank beer that night (except for 2 beer margaritas before leaving). Shit man I drink like a fish you all know that and drive hungover as heck but never drunk. She was used to doing it for a long time, but she told me the cops around there are real pricks - they hide outside of bars looking to nail people. I really hope she doesn't have to go to jail. She totally doesn't belong in there.

prob no jail, $1000 fine, lawyer costs, interlock on car after 1 yr suspension, 60 days of jail suspended, classes

gl bro

Steves, did she have her kids in the car with her?

prob no jail, $1000 fine, lawyer costs, interlock on car after 1 yr suspension, 60 days of jail suspended, classes

gl bro

I'm thinking similar. And thanks man :cheers:

GOD no. No way that would ever happen sweetie. She was just out with some friends and her kids were with her ex husband. I don't blame you for asking though. If they had been I would have a serious problem with that, for real, despite my famous getting pussywhipped tendencies.

I'm thinking similar. And thanks man :cheers:

In some states there is a more severe punishment for those convicted of DUI with a for the most part high blood-alcohol content at the point in time of arrest; this is commonly .15 to .20 percent above the legal limit. Enhanced penalty laws are not utilized in Pennsylvania.

but she told me the cops around there are real pricks - they hide outside of bars looking to nail people.

It could also be argued that removing a drunk driver from the road, and one at nearly three times over the legal limit, is a very good public service.

In some states there is a more severe punishment for those convicted of DUI with a for the most part high blood-alcohol content at the point in time of arrest; this is commonly .15 to .20 percent above the legal limit. Enhanced penalty laws are not utilized in Pennsylvania.

Ah very cool as usual Kato, ty. The government people told her it was worse because of her BAC. Her lawyer will plead it down no doubt.

It could also be argued that removing a drunk driver from the road, and one at nearly three times over the legal limit, is a very good public service.

Not arguing that one bit.

GOD no. No way that would ever happen sweetie. She was just out with some friends and her kids were with her ex husband. I don't blame you for asking though. If they had been I would have a serious problem with that, for real, despite my famous getting pussywhipped tendencies.

I was asking because she changed plans with you because she said she had the kids that night.

I was asking because she changed plans with you because she said she had the kids that night.

Yeah good point. Let me correct myself - they were with her mother...something to think about though. The brains on you :)

Yeah good point. Let me correct myself - they were with her mother...something to think about though. The brains on you :)

It's probably lucky that she did ditch on you. If you had gone to see her, you would have been the one popped for DUI. Wonder if she would hang around after just one week.

Robyn = mother hen

lawyering up for a DUI like this is just throwing bad money at the situation. just get a public defender, they'll do the same for free which is estinally sitting in court with ya while the judge makes an example outta ya
not sure the exact laws there but here DUIs have mandatory guidelines to go by and a lawyer will not do shit except collect his check.
and if she's habitual then its on a whole nother level.
1st offense, yea she could get suspended sentence, and Breathalyzer installed on car, have to get SR22 insurance
2nd offense, the game changes

I would research the laws there before paying a lawyer if it was me.
like I said here the DUI laws must be much more strict...
2nd offense habitual is mandatory 6 months
3rd offense habitual is up to 5 yrs

It's probably lucky that she did ditch on you. If you had gone to see her, you would have been the one popped for DUI. Wonder if she would hang around after just one week.

I don't do DUI under any circumstances. Hungover as heck yes, DUI no. I learned that one the hard way at 21. I can see why you said that though.

there would be more serious charges than a DUI if the kids were with her