Let's talk about wildlife

• Start date
  • Replies 970 Comments
  • Views 61,626 Views
tatu bola, the mascot for the 2014 Brazilian WC

acfvwo.jpg

http://globotv.globo.com/rede-globo.../novo-mascote-da-copa-e-um-tatu-bola/2142233/

do you guys see the frankenstein face on the inside of the shell on the right? foked up nose

Yes, I see the face. That's what threw me.

Looks like the tatu bola has captured a human and is keeping him alive as it slowly devours him over a long period of time, then it will lay eggs in the person's belly until a little tatu bola comes ripping through the skin flashing ferocious teeth.

That's what I assume is going on here.

:handshake:

Tuesday night I heard what sounded like waves hitting the walls outside the house in the canal. We went outside to see what was going on and found thousands of fish jumping out of the water in unison. It was a pretty impressive sight and I haven't looked at why they were doing it. I imagine they are traveling out of the open waters of the ocean into the canals for warmer waters or spawning season. But that is pure speculation. I have some videos at night, but you can't really make it out. The next morning they were still around but not jumping out of the water as much as the previous night.

2012-10-31_13-39-25_179.jpg

2012-10-31_13-39-32_799.jpg

Last edited:
Probably feeding on insect larva? I used to see something similar in the streams when I fished. Was during mayfly season but I'm unsure how temp differs in that respect in other places of the world.

Tuesday night I heard what sounded like waves hitting the walls outside the house in the canal. We went outside to see what was going on and found thousands of fish jumping out of the water in unison. It was a pretty impressive sight and I haven't looked at why they were doing it. I imagine they are traveling out of the open waters of the ocean into the canals for warmer waters or spawning season. But that is pure speculation. I have some videos at night, but you can't really make it out. The next morning they were still around but not jumping out of the water as much as the previous night.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holly fish! I can't make out what kind they are...

Had some friends over last night for Mrs. MCb's 30th bday and showed pictures of aforementioned fishies. Apparently they are mullet fish. Basically they are fish food for the larger fishies.

Isn't every fish basically fish food for some larger fish?

fish-eat-fish.jpg

Isn't every fish basically fish food for some larger fish?

fish-eat-fish.jpg
You are correct muddy. The manatees should be returning to the canal soon. Will try to get some more pictures. Manatees Are herbivores muddy. Did you know that? If asked next year on Jeopardy please remember me. #mcbmanatee

That is some deluxe knowledge to have. Looking forward to some pics.

If I was a better artist I would do some kind of photoshop of a mullet fish. Perhaps you can picture it - It would have a certain hairstyle.

It's a fish that would be all business up front but a party in the back.

That is some deluxe knowledge to have. Looking forward to some pics.

If I was a better artist I would do some kind of photoshop of a mullet fish. Perhaps you can picture it - It would have a certain hairstyle.

It's a fish that would be all business up front but a party in the back.

Herbivores, whodathunkit?
images

At sunset every night this week these birds are all around the house. They make a brief stop on the wire by the street and then continue their flight southwards. Birds.

2012-12-04_17-25-50_435.jpg

2012-12-04_17-25-46_743.jpg

2012-12-04_17-25-40_517.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php