kato's good mourning/good evening thread

somewhat

also, after 2 1/2 yrs I think a change was needed.

too much on the table, my boss with 10 yrs was not performing.

in essence they gave him my job. he receives my book. which pisses me off.

hello vagabond! missed you!

in essence they gave him my job. he receives my book. which pisses me off.

There's an old Cuban folk song called "quitate tu pa poner me yo" which could translates to "get up so I can sit". Which was sang by the "guajiros" those are the peasants the poor the farmers in the country side, those that Fidel used to build his revolution. This was a very popular country song they sang cause of the injustice they suffered that you can imagine, from the patrones like Happy Boy's family, the bosses land owners that did whatever they wanted at the time. Here it is sang by the legendary Hector Lavoe and the Fania All Stars which was a group of the best of the best Caribbean salsa singers at the time, most of them died of overdose along the years.

1971 New York City

interesting RJ. So who are these people singing? I'm guessing supporters of the Cuban revolution weren't welcome in NYC in 71.

No, over time it became really popular and it was interpreted by many singers professionally. In that video are members of the Fania All Stars which were artists signed to Fania Records which was a cradle to salsa music and culture at the time.

There's an old Cuban folk song called "quitate tu pa poner me yo" which could translates to "get up so I can sit". Which was sang by the "guajiros" those are the peasants the poor the farmers in the country side, those that Fidel used to build his revolution. This was a very popular country song they sang cause of the injustice they suffered that you can imagine, from the patrones like Happy Boy's family, the bosses land owners that did whatever they wanted at the time. Here it is sang by the legendary Hector Lavoe and the Fania All Stars which was a group of the best of the best Caribbean salsa singers at the time, most of them died of overdose along the years.

1971 New York City

Rogie. Was happy boy from cuba? I remember he hated castro, where is that guy now?

I always liked him but he never posted much, is he still posting over at sbr.

I love this tune, puts me in a great mood

Rogie. Was happy boy from cuba? I remember he hated castro, where is that guy now?

I always liked him but he never posted much, is he still posting over at sbr.

I love this tune, puts me in a great mood

Yes he's Cuban, his family was in the cigars biz until Castro came to power and took everything

I don't think he post on sbr, I know he's a football bettor and was mainly online in football season but he wasn't gambling for awhile

Happy Boy is Cubano, yes.

Moldy I know you like hate stories. The funny thing with Cubans in Miami is that they hate each other. The first Cubans that came to the US in mass were the wealthy class exiliados that got everything stolen from them and were pretty much kicked out the country in the 1960s by Castro's revolution. Those Cubans were the high class and the ruling people so there was this certain arogance to them, even if most of them came to this country empty handed to start all over again.

They hate the marielitos, those are the Cubans came in the mass exodus in 1980 like we saw in Scarface, they were a good portion of the jail population, the prostitutes, the crimals, the faggots, lots of low class people. Naturally these people were thought of to be inferior and there was a lot of discrimination among the community.

As the time passed entitlement occurs and these Cubans are the one ruling Miami now with their American dream and all that bullshit, so when the balseros the rafters started coming to Miami in the 90s, these guys were lower than low, because they were worth nothing, they would risk everything in a couple pieces of wood or inflatable toy to get out of there. So the same thing repeated itself.

So now all these Cubans in Miami, sometimes second or even third generation look down upon the Cubans that just arrived mostly from the Visa lottery program yearly. All looking down upon themselves, one above the other in prestige and class in their own mind.

Some pretty funny shit.

I played soccer with some guys who were second generation cubans, and got know their families real well because we traveled some with tournaments and they lived in our neighborhood . Right wing as hell, hated castro with a vengeance, probably like Happy boy and his family.

Do you ever see happy boy on a social basis rogie? How are you liking Miami overall?

No I haven't seen him in over a year. I like Miami, I mostly stay in an area with 95% hispanics, almost like being in latin america not quite for many reasons but almost.

Moldy I know you like hate stories. The funny thing with Cubans in Miami is that they hate each other. The first Cubans that came to the US in mass were the wealthy class exiliados that got everything stolen from them and were pretty much kicked out the country in the 1960s by Castro's revolution. Those Cubans were the high class and the ruling people so there was this certain arogance to them, even if most of them came to this country empty handed to start all over again.

They hate the marielitos, those are the Cubans came in the mass exodus in 1980 like we saw in Scarface, they were a good portion of the jail population, the prostitutes, the crimals, the faggots, lots of low class people. Naturally these people were thought of to be inferior and there was a lot of discrimination among the community.

As the time passed entitlement occurs and these Cubans are the one ruling Miami now with their American dream and all that bullshit, so when the balseros the rafters started coming to Miami in the 90s, these guys were lower than low, because they were worth nothing, they would risk everything in a couple pieces of wood or inflatable toy to get out of there. So the same thing repeated itself.

So now all these Cubans in Miami, sometimes second or even third generation look down upon the Cubans that just arrived mostly from the Visa lottery program yearly. All looking down upon themselves, one above the other in prestige and class in their own mind.

Some pretty funny shit.

interesting read rj. Always many factions involved. But Rodney King said it best. :up:

Kato

Jobs? Lol.

You don't need a job.

Gamelive.com will be your lifeline.

Join the rest of us paid posters and live it up.

1971 New York City

thanks for this rj.

good evening.

Kato

Jobs? Lol.

You don't need a job.

Gamelive.com will be your lifeline.

Join the rest of us paid posters and live it up.

thanks daft. happy 4th weekend.

good evening.

good evening gamelive.