Job interview tomorrow

• Start date
  • Replies 114 Comments
  • Views 7,120 Views
Buttcat, you overtime exploiter. I'd fire you and force you to collect cans in New York City like the rest of the bums.

It's a highly cross-functional job. Main thing is warehousing and distribution, warranty repairs, related data processing. It is a small outlet and I have let them know that I will gladly do any kind of office functions too if there is ever a need whether it is Accounting, Purchasing, Customer Service.

I do it all, and gladly, and at a high level. I love to have a variety of things to do. I did get the indication that any or all of that may come into play down the line. As I say, small office.

I just looked at their website. Got me a nifty follow-up question to ask about that. :up:

The best advice I can think of is 40 minutes before the interview gun 5 fiber shakes 3 glasses of milk and 8 enchiladas. This will have you feeling as comfortable as possible.

One major bummer: when I was first discussing the job with the agency, they gave me the totally wrong location. Correct city but this is way off somewhere else. Still going against traffic which is good, but not nearly as close as I was thinking.

It's probably understandable. Sometimes these people with agencies have 10 placements in their head all the time.

I was so loving the idea of what they told me at first though.

Oh well. This would still be a nice, reasonably mellow commute. Get right down to it, it is probably only 5 minutes more each way.

It's closer than my last job. Exact same route but a couple exchanges earlier off the highway.

Good luck, Muddy!!!

Is this a full-time job or a temporary job?

Good question. It is not temp. It is not contract.

Full-time permanent job!!!

Heading out in about 15 minutes. Just trying to cram in 1 more fibre shake and 2 more enchiladas before I go.

Don't do it.

Whatever they offer, we'll match it, n'est-ce pas Rogatien?

Yeah I expect I'll get an offer. Could be wrong - maybe they seemed real nice but the whole time they were thinking, "Holy fucking - how old is that guy?"

But my money is on getting an offer which could have me working as soon as a couple days.